Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Repeat and repeat and repeat... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/repeat-repeat-repeat-t233968.html)

AliKat 11-04-2013 06:48 PM

I haven't had enough need to make many baby quilts. Though I know I wouldn't mind reusing the same pattern frequently. Baby quilts are something I want to get done right away ... so the expectant mother can have them quickly.

ann31039 11-04-2013 07:34 PM

The last baby quilt I did was a Winnie the Pooh panel, no borders, and a purchased blanket edgeing. That was what she wanted. I just quilted on the outlines and did a few curliques in the wide areas. Used the thick flannel for the back, no batting. Went quickly. With baby quilts you do what you know they would like or what they ask for. One day somebody will want something totally different and you get to play again.

JustAbitCrazy 11-05-2013 02:59 AM

I have the opposite problem, in that once I make a top, I don't want to recreate that pattern again. I always want to make something I've never made before. Maybe that's why I've bought so many patterns....which I've not used yet.

Lavada 11-05-2013 03:55 AM

I like to try new patterns but find myself going back to the traditional patterns

nancyw 11-05-2013 04:25 AM

I can't count how many times I've made the Yellow Brick Road quilt. Usually in different colors. And they were all given away.

Gretchen 11-05-2013 04:51 AM

My "go to" pattern is the Carpenters Wheel.... but I have a list of new quilt patterns that I want to try!

lclang 11-05-2013 04:58 AM

I might make a lot of the same blocks but they are likely to be different colors, or put together differently. If I am using scraps I will make a whole bunch and then use them in quilts, borders, or as accents. Love having a bunch to choose from.

Retired Fire Chief 11-05-2013 05:02 AM

You made me think, being a rather newbie I seem to have made more baby quilts than anything else....we must be in the middle of a population boom. It seems all of my friends are having grandbabies! Of all the baby quilts I have made I have never used a pattern, it seems that baby fabric speaks to me and the fabric dictates what the end will be, with the exception of the 3D pinwheel quilt I made for a little girl baby, I used soft 30s prints and white white and it turned out so sweet. I do have some rather "wild" fabric I bought in Wyoming over a year ago, I love the colors and the patterns even though they are so not me, but for the life of me I have no idea what I will do with it other than look at it every once and a while and pet it!

Mama Clem 11-05-2013 05:10 AM

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat

Originally Posted by Julie in NM (Post 6385896)
Notice that when I need a baby/todler quilt, I'm making the same patterns over and over and over again. Usually the same puzzle pattern, but sometimes a variatioin on a monkey wrench. I have books, mags, print outs from online patterns, and pic of quilts for inspiration. But do I use them? Nope!! Driving me nuts. Anyone else in a similiar rut?

I also have a pattern for a baby quilt that I use over and over. When I change up the fabric though it changes the look of the quilt. Also, I have done the pattern so many times it is a quick quilt for me to make when time is crunched.

joym 11-05-2013 05:51 AM

Yes:rolleyes:, I am in the same boat as you.