Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/right-now-very-moment-what-my-sewing-room-space-looks-like-t104454.html)

quilter41 03-03-2011 11:33 AM

OMG how do you guys ever find anything. I know I am a neatnique, but some of these are extremely messy. My room is just 9'x9' I have to have organization. Good we are all different.

happymrs 03-03-2011 11:44 AM

What is the point of having a studio if you constantly want it to look nice & neat & tidy? How can anyone get anything done that way? I refuse to spend way to much time, tidying up, all the time. I want to work in my room, I want to leave it set when I need to leave the room, & it's my room, so I can do just that. If that bothers anyone else, that's their problem. Remember.....Those who mind, don't matter, &, those who matter, don't mind. It's your space, just concentrate on enjoying it, & keep busy & happy with your quilting!....

Mine, by the way, is a messy clean. Clean enough, & organized enough, but I don't obsess about it. I would rather enjoy it, & I do!...

tlclifford47 03-03-2011 11:58 AM

Hey funny I have one of those attachments too. And mine is gray too. Love my 3 cats.

Barbm 03-03-2011 12:16 PM

mine is no longer- my son took his furniture so I have nowhere to put my "stuff". It's in boxes now until spring when we will finish the basement and I will move downstairs. I am sewing on the kitchen table and have the cutting mat on the island in the kitchen. Hubby is not happy, after 1 week he is now requesting it to go back upstairs. Sigh.... soon we will start on the remodeling projects.

BellaBoo 03-03-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Hubby is not happy, after 1 week he is now requesting it to go back upstairs

I remember what my grandmother use to tell my grandfather:

You have the same pants to get happy in that you got mad it. I would hear her say that several times a day to him about something. LOL

tinliz 03-03-2011 12:27 PM

Love all the picks everyone posted. Looks like you all are having fun. So am I, my sewing space is a mess too and when I leave the house I am covered with threads. :)

GrannieSharon 03-03-2011 12:30 PM

I am a firm believer that you can have a neat sewing room or a productive one. The two cannot co-exist!

grann of 6 03-03-2011 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just to make you guys feel better, here is a picture of my cutting table, piled up with, yes a mink coat, a lynx jacket, and several packages of newly purchased batting. We won't even talk about what is underneath that stuff. A friend wants me to see if I can repair a coat & a jacket she bought at an auction. No, they are not mine.

unmentionables drying in background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124129[/ATTACH]

GrannieSharon 03-03-2011 12:41 PM

Where in Illinois are you? I'm orginally from Spfld. Now in the Atlanta area.

happymrs 03-03-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tinliz
Love all the picks everyone posted. Looks like you all are having fun. So am I, my sewing space is a mess too and when I leave the house I am covered with threads. :)

I saw a sign recently, lol!..."Quilters come with strings attached"
Very fitting for all of us, don't you think!...