Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/right-now-very-moment-what-my-sewing-room-space-looks-like-t104454.html)

salami1952 03-07-2011 09:09 AM

Thats aweful, hope you heal quickly, and may God Bless you and keep you safe.

vlok 03-12-2011 06:53 PM

All I can say is WOW

Airwick156 03-12-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
:) as long as you can find what you need, that's all that matters :)
I am a messy sewer. I have to take out everything and I don't like putting it back.

Haha I am just like you. Im a messy sewer sorta....I have everything I will need, may need, or think I will need on the table with me...As I cut, I have a little plastic tote on the floor for my scraps. When that gets over filled...I still add to it. But now that I am doing that 1.5 inch swap, I may not have many scraps to put in that tote.

countrycottage 03-12-2011 08:10 PM

Compared to our sewing room, this is extremely neat!

gramma8 03-12-2011 08:40 PM

I didn't know there was a 'neat' quilter, unless you mean a person who's 'really neat'. My room set aside for quilting is pretty messy. And I don't mean pretty as a form of flattery. It stays that way until I stop for one whole day and do nothing but straighten it. Very boring work, but I have been known to find some fabric I had forgotten about and start working on the project set aside for some reason.
:|

Sandy65 03-20-2011 05:59 AM

I feel I fit right in with you ladies. I seem to know where everything is in my mess.

BobbiSue 04-17-2011 06:46 PM

cfly, I couldn't agree with you more concerning your slogan! Remember the old saying..... "Be careful of stones that you throw....."?

BobbiSue 04-17-2011 06:49 PM

Quilters, I need help finding a good online site where I can buy the Guardian Angel fabric in QUEEN SIZE... prefer Cotton but will use soft poly if necessary. I have orders for Q size quilt and can't find the fabric.... My email is [email protected] ..... Thanks bunches

BobbiSue 04-17-2011 06:50 PM

I thought the same thing UNTIL I tried to find my seam ripper today! Never did find it!

Originally Posted by Sandy65
I feel I fit right in with you ladies. I seem to know where everything is in my mess.

BobbiSue 04-17-2011 06:54 PM

I discovered if I wet my straw broom, I can sweep up most of my strings that way. Beats fighting with the vac! Course my aide doesn't agree~~~~)

Originally Posted by cbuchanan
There's no way around it. Quilting makes a mess (just ask my hubby who spent a good hour trying to get all the threads out of the central vac brush) But, I make a mess as I'm sewing but can only stand the mess for a short time. Sometimes I just have to stop and put away a few things so I can clear my mind. I am not a neatnick but I have to have some type of order. Some days I walk in my sewing room and wonder why I didn't hear the bomb. I absolutely have to have my stash orderly...that's a must. To each their own: we just want to sew.