Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Road Trip to Mary Jo's Fabric Store in Gastonia, NC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/road-trip-mary-jos-fabric-store-gastonia-nc-t26804.html)

farscapegal 10-13-2009 06:03 PM

I will be in LA on the 7th but will stop by Mary Jo's on Monday the 9th. I will fly into Charlotte and will have time to stop by on my way home.

Sybil

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-13-2009 06:14 PM

I suppose since you are going on the 7th you know there is a quilt show in Gastonia that day. I stumbled on this listing today looking for something else and couldn't remember why Gastonia sounded familiar to me. When I logged on tonight and saw your posted, the light bulb went off.

Nov 7, 2009
"A Pieceful Gathering"
Gastonia, NC
Location: Fellowship Hall, Maylo United Methodist Church, 1900 Spencer Mountain Rd - Ranlo
Sponsor: Ranlo Quilters
Hours: Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM
Comments: Includes vendors, members boutique and antique quilts.

wichypoo 10-13-2009 06:21 PM

Hey I'm going the last of October on a bus trip with my quilt guild. I've never been and am looking forward to it.

Hunnib 10-13-2009 06:29 PM

wichypoo - I've never been either and it's really not that far from me. I'm looking forward to it too. I hope you guys have a ball traveling together.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter - Thanks for making a note of that for me. I am not familiar with the area but I'm sure the other ladies that live closer will probably know more about it. I will print this out before we go, for sure! Thanks...wish you were going with us.

farscapegal - You must live close to Mary Jo's. Boy, I wish I did. Enjoy your trip to LA.

amma - I will try to remember to take my camera. I love meeting fellow sewers. You know you'll enjoy each others company because you already have something in common, lol!

crkathleen - Yep, that would be quite the drive for you. I will check out all the pretty fabric for you!

farscapegal 10-13-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hunnib
wichypoo - I've never been either and it's really not that far from me. I'm looking forward to it too. I hope you guys have a ball traveling together.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter - Thanks for making a note of that for me. I am not familiar with the area but I'm sure the other ladies that live closer will probably know more about it. I will print this out before we go, for sure! Thanks...wish you were going with us.

farscapegal - You must live close to Mary Jo's. Boy, I wish I did. Enjoy your trip to LA.

amma - I will try to remember to take my camera. I love meeting fellow sewers. You know you'll enjoy each others company because you already have something in common, lol!

crkathleen - Yep, that would be quite the drive for you. I will check out all the pretty fabric for you!

I live near Greenville SC so it is about an hour and 45 minute drive for me and thanks, I always enjoy my trip to LA.

Have fun at Mary Jo's.

Sybil

sharon b 10-13-2009 07:04 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Wish I could go :cry:

Snappy 10-14-2009 08:53 AM

The next time I am at my step-daughter's in Rock Hill, S.C., I am going to ask her to take me there, It sounds like a wonderful place to shop or even just walk through and envy. My grandkid used to go to school in Gastonia so it's not far to go.

Scrapsaplenty 10-14-2009 03:36 PM

Been browsing for a while and felt I had to comment on the upcoming Quilt Show - "A Pieceful Gathering". This just happens to be my Quilt Club putting on this show. Directions from Mary Jo's. Cox Road north approximately 1 mile becomes Spencer Mountain Road (just across the RR tracks at stoplight) Continue approx 1 mile more - Church is on the right.

Hunnib 10-15-2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Scrapsaplenty
Been browsing for a while and felt I had to comment on the upcoming Quilt Show - "A Pieceful Gathering". This just happens to be my Quilt Club putting on this show. Directions from Mary Jo's. Cox Road north approximately 1 mile becomes Spencer Mountain Road (just across the RR tracks at stoplight) Continue approx 1 mile more - Church is on the right.

How nice to know! Hopefully we can stop by. I know I would love to!

amma 10-15-2009 12:04 PM

Welcome Scrapsaplenty!!! Thank you for letting us all know more about your show!!! :D :D :D