Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotor-blades-t58801.html)

Quilting Nana 08-11-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Phyl

Originally Posted by grammo013
After reading about carpet cutter blades at arbor Freight, I made hubby take me out there.

2 to a package and only $1.45 WOOHOO. I bought 10 packages before they discover quilters are using them and raise the price. They are super sharp. think they are made sharper as carpet is tough. Cut like going through butter.

Girl in store said they will have to limit how many a person can buy at a time. They are dangerous. I looked at her and "I am 61 years old I know how to use a blade and one will cut someone just as well at 20."

Always trying to take our bonuses away lol.

Went to Harbor Freight this morning and bought blades they had a lot of them, I even bought the cutter and got two more blades woowoo

what does the cutter look like

JoanneS 08-11-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Woo hoo! They're on back order now. Word gets around obviously! Maybe for once I'll accompany DH to Harbor Freight and stock up! He can buy me breakfast afterward!

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...des-97642.html

Thanks for letting us know they fit our ordinary rotary cutters. I like to change my blade often. Daily would be nice. Cheaper than arthritis meds for my elbow!

This is the first I've heard of these - but sounds great. What size cutter do they fit? 28, 45, 60?

I knew they could make those blades cheaper. I've used X'acto blades for 25+ years and they're not that pricey. It really surprised me about rotary cutter blades.

JoanneS 08-11-2010 05:49 PM

I just placed an order for 20 blades after reading all these coments. With shipping, it's still only $2 per blade. I'm really tired of using blades longer than I should!!!!! because i think they're sooooooooooo expensive. It's a STUPID way to try to save money, because dull blades just make my blood pressure go up, and my accuracy go down!

I wonder how their carpet cutting tool would work on fabric? It looks a bit bulky - BUT it's only $3.99, so I wonder if it's worth trying. I'll take a look when I get to Tucson for the winter. There's a Harbor store there.

CAKELSEY 08-11-2010 06:00 PM

I had my husband go by Harbor Freight yesterday and get me a magnetic parts bowl for pins. Looks like now he gets to go back tomorrow for the blades. Do look for the ads in the Sunday paper and different places,AARP mag, etc. There is always the 20% off coupon but also for months now there is also a coupon for a little free LED flashlight, no purchase required. We get 2 every time we go in. I probably have close to 30. They are really good little flashlights.

omak 08-11-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I use these blades all the time. As a matter of fact I am the one who let everyone in on my discovery. :)

They fit 45mm rotary cutters, I have a Fiskar's cutter.

I have enough blades to last me a year now.

I was wondering about that. Thank you very much, and while I am at it - - thank you for the quilter who posted the link - - I was finding NOTHING by searching by myself. LOVE this community! Now! I am going to add sprinkler hoses that I am going back to shop for something else. <wave> Thank you for the tips and added help.

JoanneS 08-11-2010 06:17 PM

HF confirmed my order, and so far they haven't told me it's on BACK order. That'll probably happen tomorrow!

JudyMN 08-11-2010 06:18 PM

Where can I get these blades? Mine is about 6 months old because blades at JoAnn's are sooooo expensive even with 40% off. Do all carpet places have them or only arbor Freight? Where is arbor Freight?

omak 08-11-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JudyMN
Where can I get these blades? Mine is about 6 months old because blades at JoAnn's are sooooo expensive even with 40% off. Do all carpet places have them or only arbor Freight? Where is arbor Freight?

It is Harbor Freight and on the first page, if you keep reading down, you will find that these fit the 45mm cutters and a link to Harbor Freight. <wave>

magpiefeather 08-11-2010 06:29 PM

I think it is just a harbor freight item...I searched all over to find them at other carpet supply places but didn't see any.
Also peeps...they have tons of coupons for the free flashlites on ebay! search under "Harbor Freight". Might as well save a little money since we'll all be shopping there from now on LOL! also they are selling tons of other coupons if you plan to buy something bigger like a set of tools or something manly like that....

magpiefeather 08-11-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Magpie,

I love the quilt in your avatar. I especially love the colors chosen, the four direction, how appropriate for a Lakota Star Quilt. I am 1/4 Lakota and 1/2 Saginaw Chippewa.

Oh thanks! I'm Blackfeet and Cree...I noticed your nice eagle on the aprons you did...might have to order some patches or something sometime. Was your embroidery machine hard to learn?
Also....did you look at all my lone stars on my webshots? Beadwork and stuff there too.