Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotor-blades-t58801.html)

Chasing Hawk 08-10-2010 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AnnaK

Originally Posted by grammo013
After reading about carpet cutter blades at arbor Freight, I made hubby take me out there.

2 to a package and only $1.45 WOOHOO. I bought 10 packages before they discover quilters are using them and raise the price. They are super sharp. think they are made sharper as carpet is tough. Cut like going through butter.

Girl in store said they will have to limit how many a person can buy at a time. They are dangerous. I looked at her and "I am 61 years old I know how to use a blade and one will cut someone just as well at 20."

Always trying to take our bonuses away lol.

Which rotary cutter do they fit? I never heard of this and couldn't find anything on the board. Please clarify.

The blades have a round hole. I know it fits Fiskar's for sure.

Chasing Hawk 08-10-2010 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Dang! We were right by there today!!!I'll get some next time....on the other hand....I'm still recovering from cutting myself with quilter's rotary blades...LOL

They don't have any !!! All they had are now sitting in a drawer in my sewing room. <<<evil laugh>> :shock: :shock:

CoyoteQuilts 08-10-2010 07:40 PM

What is the wear and tear on the cutting mats? Are they a lot sharper than the blades made for our cutters? If they behave themselves on my mat they sound like a great deal!

Also, do any of you have anybody in your area that sharpens the rotary blades?

dkabasketlady 08-10-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Will these fit my olfa 45 mm?

Yes, they'll fit the 45mm Olfa!! I just checked mine. It has a round peg for the blade to set on so that's all the blade needs is a round hole. I'm going to my Harbor Freight tomorrow to see if they have any of the blades available since they're on backorder on the website. I'll probably go to the next town too to buy some there if they have them,lol!! I'm stocking up if I can!!

Candace 08-10-2010 10:11 PM

This is just so wrong that you can slap a "quilters" name on it and jack up the price. We've got a H.F. here too. I've not bought blades at Joanne's lately. Say, with a 40% off coupon...anyone have what the going rate per blade is?

mom2suki 08-10-2010 10:16 PM

WOW...this is awesome! Thanks for the tip!

magpiefeather 08-11-2010 12:02 AM

I used to save my 40 percent off coupon for buying the multi pack of blades at JoAnns and unless you are there at 4:00AM there weren't any left! I hope they are kept at a low price...when the demand for a great substitute goes up...the price will.. but it may never go up as high as the quilters blades! I looked and saw they were on backorder...wonder if there are other manufacturers or if Lowes or like stores carry them.
The search is on!!!!

nmthelen52 08-11-2010 01:55 AM

What a great discovery!! I will surely go buy some today. I always use my coupons at Joann's to purchase my blades and use them till I can't stand it any more. This will surely change my cutting habits! Maybe I will enjoy the cutting part of quilting more. . . or maybe not. Let's get on with the sewing!!! lol

jrhboxers 08-11-2010 03:02 AM

If they fit the Fiskars 45mm, they should fit all 45mm cutters. I have been using all brands in my Olfa and have had no problems.

smagruder 08-11-2010 03:29 AM

what a great idea..... I will have to check them out.