Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotor-blades-t58801.html)

bobbie1 08-11-2010 07:28 AM

Just ordered blades from Harbor Freight. They are on back order. Called the office and expected delievery date to them is Oct. 1, 2010. Will charge my credit card when they are shipped to me. What I have now will last me until then!

ccb2200 08-11-2010 07:28 AM

Wish I new about them because I went to Harbor Freight with my DH yesterday.

homecaregiver 08-11-2010 07:36 AM

Ouch I did that once and sliced right across my thumb had to go to the ER and the thing is I did not feel it until I saw the blood dripping on my nice white fabric I was cutting the blade is so sharp it just sliced away Ouch again

Gilla 08-11-2010 07:39 AM

Wow! My husband is in town looking for parts for his tractor. I called him and asked him to stop by our local store and pick up two packs. This may be a bad move as he will find all kinds of toys for himself there. Oh well! They have 20 packs in stock. If of you are in the San Antonio, TX area you can stop there and pick some up. No shipping, just our typical tax!!!

EagarBeez 08-11-2010 08:36 AM

Thank you all for this great info. DH went on the internet to see if anyone could beat the price, and he said NO ONE. I know they are on backorder, but, I ordered some today. Don't mind the wait, I still have enough to work with yet.

cattailsquilts 08-11-2010 08:48 AM

Just found out we have a Harbor Freight in town- going there later to stock up!

chamby 08-11-2010 08:54 AM

Wow, I will have to check this out.
chamby

finch 08-11-2010 08:56 AM

Went and bought 10 packs today at the Daytona beach Harbor Frieght store.At first,I ordered them on line and then I decided to drive down and get them and save the S&H.The owner said that he had a room full. .I called and cancelled my on line order.They also have the those super grip suction mount handles for $6.99 each.They are exactly what they sell in the quilt stores for a whole lot more!!!!!These are blue and the ones for quilters are purple.There is no difference in them except the color!They suction to your rulers for those who may not know what they are.They are used on bathtubs as safety grips.

Linda - K. 08-11-2010 09:17 AM

I've been buying them for a while and have a stock of them in a container. They don't fit every brand of cutter but the ones you've all listed work fine. I've also told a friend so her husband picks them up for her when he's in HF. I love HF!

Grandma Phyl 08-11-2010 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by grammo013
After reading about carpet cutter blades at arbor Freight, I made hubby take me out there.

2 to a package and only $1.45 WOOHOO. I bought 10 packages before they discover quilters are using them and raise the price. They are super sharp. think they are made sharper as carpet is tough. Cut like going through butter.

Girl in store said they will have to limit how many a person can buy at a time. They are dangerous. I looked at her and "I am 61 years old I know how to use a blade and one will cut someone just as well at 20."

Always trying to take our bonuses away lol.

Went to Harbor Freight this morning and bought blades they had a lot of them, I even bought the cutter and got two more blades woowoo