Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Round Robin - UP and RUNNING!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/round-robin-up-running-t6017.html)

tlrnhi 05-01-2008 07:14 PM

Mine measures about 18 1/2 x 19.

It's not really a true pattern Bettlove.
I started with a pattern, but it got all screwed up, so I pretty much tore it apart and made my own.
You are welcome to copy it.
The squares are about 4" each.
It started out to be the middle of a Mystery Quilt that was finished. By the time I got to the paper piecing part of it...no paper piecing in my square....I noticed the measurements were wrong.
It gave the dimensions to cut the squares, but on the template, it said that the fabric square measurements DID NOT allow for 1/4 inch seam.
What a dumb place to put that note, huh? So, needless to say, I have a bunch of pieces I will be doing something with later on, maybe.
I had found the pattern online. Don't know where I found it, since there were so many centers I was looking at, I don't even know where to start....sorry.

MAMAKANE 05-01-2008 07:25 PM

I'm interested
MamaKane

tlrnhi 05-01-2008 07:28 PM

Ok, I was looking thru My Favorites and didn't find it. Evidently, I didn't save it. I looked at the paper/directions and there isn't a website printed on the bottom.

MAMAKANE 05-01-2008 07:37 PM

This sounds great. I am from western pa and have been quilting for a few years. I would like to be part of this round robin. Let me know how. Thanks!
mamakane

barbsbus 05-01-2008 08:02 PM

Looking forward to starting your first round. I got my center started and got some more material today to finish it. I will be driving up to Oregon be with my mother for 5 days and will bring it with me because I like to do hand work when I am sitting with her. She is 92 and likes to just sit and visit so I should get lots done after I get all her errands run. I hope to get it in the mail next weekend to Dawn Hendrix. I think this is going to be fun and challenging.

tlrnhi 05-01-2008 08:19 PM

I think it's a good idea to post the centers. That way, it give the people a chance to at least LOOK at fabric that could go with the centers. Know what I mean?

Izy 05-01-2008 09:26 PM

Just want to say that I think this is great!! Your centre blocks look great all of you.....can wait to see more...bring em on!!!! :D

Dawn Hendrix 05-02-2008 02:58 AM

Great Center tlrnhi ... Can't wait to get my paws on it! I have just the border in mind!!!!

vicki reno 05-02-2008 03:19 AM

Mine is a vewrsion of Rose of Sharon with stars for flowers instead of scalloped pieces. I am ready to assemble but the stems are giving me fits. They are narrow and have to be doubled (bias) and won't curve like they should. I will try again tomorrow. I was too tired last night, but will start fresh in the a.m.

mareliba 05-02-2008 05:25 AM

Bettlove - I can give you the pattern for Tlrnhi's center.

Mamakane - you need to send a personal mail to imaquilter. She is our "leader".

Imaquilter - got your message and no problem about sending my blocks to macbroo.

I love all the centers posted so far and look forward to seeing the rest. Happy Sewing!! :mrgreen: