Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Row by row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/row-row-t252578.html)

IQuiltnFL 08-29-2014 03:58 AM

I collected some row by row patterns to do when I get back to my winter home. Next year I'm going to be more organized about it. The shops that didn't participate this year say they will next year. It was very disappointing to see how many didn't 't include the fabric state license. Congrats to you all who got your row by rows finished for the prizes!!!

coopah 08-29-2014 05:43 AM

And anyone have an idea for those great license plates? I have about 12. There was a car pattern I bought that I could put the plates around as a border, but thought maybe someone else had a more interesting idea. It was fun to go to the different participating shops for the patterns. I did skip two that didn't have plates...those are just so stinkin' cute!

Silver Needle 08-29-2014 05:48 AM

I may be just dumb but could someone explain what is meant by row by row. I am not familiar with this term.

calla 08-29-2014 06:58 AM

Silver ......Row by Row is where participating LQS around the country are selling kits and sometimes fabric license plates (small). The directions are free this promotion will end Sept. 1, I think it is. You can go to Facebook, Row by Row experience or just google it. This years theme was seasons I think. Instead if the shop hops where a passport was required this is being tried. Each shop has a different "row" or sometimes blocks. Calla

MargeD 08-29-2014 09:06 AM

Congrats on winning the fat quarters and gift certificate - way to go girl.

Pam B 08-29-2014 05:12 PM

Row by row ends Tues., Sept 2... Just an FYI for those of you who mentioned that you thought you would hit some shops next week. Better hurry!

I have collected 12 rows from throughout my state of IN. Have not started making them yet...too many other more 'pressing' projects to do first. I have enjoyed seeing the finished quilts posted on Facebook from around the country!

solstice3 08-29-2014 05:29 PM

Congrats. I wasn't really crazy about our local ones...

Chis2 08-29-2014 08:03 PM

Congratulations. I really enjoyed going around and collecting the patterns and license plates. I found shops I didn't know about. I wish to thank all the shops that participated because I had a wonderful time. There are rows I would like to have that are too far for me to go. I hope they will be sold mail order after it is over

tfraz 08-30-2014 07:31 AM

I've been traveling all summer . . . hit 59 row by row shops in MA, ME, NH. VT, PA, VA, and NC. Plenty to keep me busy for awhile!!

Suzanne57 08-30-2014 07:47 AM

I just got back from Michigan and I want the pattern from Cheboygan too. It was just too far north but I did get the one in Birch Run, Midland, Bay City, Farwell, Evart, Reed City and when I got to Paris, she included some gifts! A bottle of Maryellen's Best Press and a seam ripper. I got patterns from Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana and Michigan. I plan on a couple of themed lap throws and wall hangings. As for the plates, maybe a wall hanging with a glamper as a center.