Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rude quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rude-quilters-t62066.html)

bjnicholson 08-31-2010 10:40 AM

Oh, moonwolf! That is precious :thumbup: Couldn't have said it better myself :mrgreen:

bjnicholson 08-31-2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
Maybe they were from the "QUILTING POLICE" and trying to shape everyone else up to their standards????

You mean DOWN to the standards, don't you?

samharley 08-31-2010 10:58 AM

My husband and I were on a trip on our motorcycles and Sunday came around and we decided we needed to go for a morning of worship. Needless to say,the stares we recieved when we walked into the door and sat down. I do not believe a person there new what the sermon was about, No handshake... No nothing..

narekkm 08-31-2010 11:27 AM

Not quilters related, but I recently flew First Class by using frequent flyer points and because I don't look like a "typical" first class flyer, the looks I got were amazing. One couple with Business Class tickets tried boarding when they called First Class and were turned away at the gate and told to wait. I thoroughly enjoyed walking past them and onto the plane before them. And I thoroughly enjoyed my First Class flight.

MadQuilter 08-31-2010 11:48 AM

I think it is sad when someone believes that they make themselves look (and feel) better by tearing others down. Bad form!

moonwolf23 08-31-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy O.
My Dear Momski, most quilters are very sweet and elegant people with sharp minds and bodies when it comes to quilting and daily life. Those woman probably didn't have a clue about quilting or ever used a sewing machine in their life. Please try to forget what they said and remember, the mutiple pages of wonderful quilters that have replied to you being upset. You deserve the best wishes for all your quilts to be the best show stoppers. Put your next one in that museum, and wait for the (3 so called ladies to return), then call the quilting police on them. Laugh and run like heck. Hugs for you honey, you really deserve them. Happy Quilting.................

I'll have you know, the only sharp thing in my body is my elbows:)

I have become a soft and curvy woman and the quilting isn't helping me lol

hulahoop1 08-31-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54
Quilters come in all sizes, ages and styles. Sometimes when I go into a LQS, they look at me like I don't belong there, because I look like a biker. So what is a quilter suppost to look like?

Does Karen McTavish look like a "typical" quilter? And look at her unique artwork! I dislike stereotypes. We all belong to the sisterhood of quilters and our focus should be on creating the best we can and enjoying the process. How we look should not enter into the equation.

everybody's mother 08-31-2010 12:11 PM

amen to that! I always feel that I'm regarded as a'bag lady' because I guess I may look like one, but in my 75 years I have cut and stitched thousands of yards of fabric, given lessons to countless others. You can not tell what talent is in someone else by looking. Maybe the work they do does not meet your standards, but we are all a work in progress. Bless you for being interested in others' work. If you were not there to learn and admire other's work, you wouldn't be there. Shame to the so called ladies tht made you feel bad.

RIMAINFL 08-31-2010 12:15 PM

My daughter , whom I was trying to get into sewing and I had the same if not worse thing happen to us !!
For this reason we won't every pay good money to go to another quilt show.....I enjoy sewing and will keep on keeping on.
Love the seam ripper with a rather BIG sharp point idea.

KarenS 08-31-2010 12:16 PM

Love all the support you are getting from the wonderful people here!