Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rude quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rude-quilters-t62066.html)

borntoquilt 08-31-2010 09:17 AM

I always answer rude people with " I have been called worse things by BETTER people" ! gits em EVERYTIME..... try it! The look on their face is priceless as they TRY to figure out if they have just been PUT DOWN ! lol

Chasing Hawk 08-31-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by GladGrams

Originally Posted by momski
I hope your sewing machine eats every last one of your quilts!

And all your needles break, your tension go nuts when FMQ, your coffee with cream spills on your newly hand quilted masterpiece... SO THERE! :twisted:

Man you are vicious.....I really like your attitude.

Rowan8 08-31-2010 09:30 AM

See I just hate snotty know-it-alls. Sad to say it does not matter what you do or where you go there is always someone of any age like that.

How kind of them to share their knowledge. Just remember when in this situation just smile, walk away, and mutter loudly about ancient techniques.

Fox 08-31-2010 09:40 AM

Ohh, that's good

DeniseP 08-31-2010 09:50 AM

I have an answer for people who are nasty. I tell them that I assume they never saw "Bambi". The are usually confused (and nasty). Then I say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." Like Thumper's mother said.

Rann 08-31-2010 10:08 AM

Just remember, they were trying to bring you DOWN to their level...

michellee 08-31-2010 10:27 AM

i ran into a smart a.. sales person once and i was tongue tied...someone told me the next time anyone is rude to you just say very nicely, " are you having a bad day? or are you alway this rude"...that will give them something to think about..anyone that is rude to anyone is a very unhappy person..

Nancy O. 08-31-2010 10:28 AM

My Dear Momski, most quilters are very sweet and elegant people with sharp minds and bodies when it comes to quilting and daily life. Those woman probably didn't have a clue about quilting or ever used a sewing machine in their life. Please try to forget what they said and remember, the mutiple pages of wonderful quilters that have replied to you being upset. You deserve the best wishes for all your quilts to be the best show stoppers. Put your next one in that museum, and wait for the (3 so called ladies to return), then call the quilting police on them. Laugh and run like heck. Hugs for you honey, you really deserve them. Happy Quilting.................

JS 08-31-2010 10:28 AM

What does a "Quilter" look like? Or should I say what do some people think they should look like. Quilters are men and women who enjoy the craft. We come in all sizes shapes colors and age I might add. That is what makes our quilts so different and wonderful.Any one who has an idea of what they think a quilter SHOULD look lke is not one of us.

JS 08-31-2010 10:28 AM

What does a "Quilter" look like? Or should I say what do some people think they should look like. Quilters are men and women who enjoy the craft. We come in all sizes shapes colors and age I might add. That is what makes our quilts so different and wonderful.Any one who has an idea of what they think a quilter SHOULD look lke is not one of us.