Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rude quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rude-quilters-t62066.html)

cjomomma 08-29-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
See if this makes yu feel better.
DD, DGD(18mths old) and I went to Quilt show, couple of years ago.DGD started to throw a tantrum, in her pusher.
One lady turned around, lookes at child, glared at mother, then turned to freind and said"this is no place to bring a baby or a pusher.Look at the space it's taking up."
Quick as a wink DD looked her straight in the eye and replied"Well your a fair unit, you're taking up more space than us, maybe you also should have stayed at home".
Other ladies around us applauded her.
Very sheepish embarassed lady apologised, and left quickly.

I love it.!!!!!
:thumbup:

redvette54 08-29-2010 04:31 PM

Quilters come in all sizes, ages and styles. Sometimes when I go into a LQS, they look at me like I don't belong there, because I look like a biker. So what is a quilter suppost to look like?

stefanib123 08-29-2010 04:34 PM

I hate people that try to stereotype people into neat pigeon holes! We all aren't one type!

SueDor 08-29-2010 04:35 PM

DD, DGD(18mths old) and I went to Quilt show, couple of years ago.DGD started to throw a tantrum, in her pusher.
One lady turned around, lookes at child, glared at mother, then turned to freind and said"this is no place to bring a baby or a pusher.Look at the space it's taking up."
Quick as a wink DD looked her straight in the eye and replied"Well your a fair unit, you're taking up more space than us, maybe you also should have stayed at home".

Love it! Unfortunatly when the time comes to say something nasty back, nothing comes out because your dumbstruck.

mygirl66 08-29-2010 04:36 PM

Sounds like that woman just got her PhD in Bitch-oligy, and was eager to show it off!

MadQuilter 08-29-2010 04:39 PM

The good news: Most of us (middle-aged quilters) are actually nice. Sorry you had to meet the bad apple. Don't let her (or her cronies) spoil anything about your quilting experience.

BellaBoo 08-29-2010 04:40 PM

Why would any mature woman think to snicker at a young mother? That doesn't make any sense. I would have been puzzled and offended. Shame on the old biddy bitches for making you feel uncomfortable for no reason.

lalaland 08-29-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Why would any mature woman think to snicker at a young mother? That doesn't make any sense. I would have been puzzled and offended. Shame on the old biddy bitches for making you feel uncomfortable for no reason.

Honestly, I'm with you. Whenever I see a young mother trying to deal with a tantrum or bad behavior I think "been there, done that" because we all know our little tykes definitely had their "moments".

tortoisethreads 08-29-2010 04:52 PM

You go girl...I always get comments about quilting and that I can't possibly really know what goes into a quilt. I look very young, red hair, freckles, lots of tattoos...when I tell them I hand quilt using size 11 betweens, they usually shut up!

tcnmom 08-29-2010 05:02 PM

I applaud you for having such a quick comeback. Rude people are miserable and the old saying "Misery loves company".