Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rude quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rude-quilters-t62066.html)

tooMuchFabric 08-29-2010 07:00 PM

I'm confused at what they would have found to be rude to someone about. I mean, I realize it happened, but they musta been smokin' something, because if they were in their right mind looking at quilts, they would not have had time nor attention to pay to being rude to a person.

champagnebubbles 08-29-2010 08:15 PM

Ok, I am going to say what My Mom use to say...

If you don't have something nice to say...Shut up :x

Rosyhf 08-29-2010 08:51 PM

Those ladies were not true quilters, they were Wannabees. .

AnnaK 08-29-2010 08:57 PM

Momski,

I hope you find enough love and support on this board to make up for the nasty, rude quilters you encountered today. It's also a good reminder to us to be kinder in our comments in public especially to our younger quilting sisters. I apologize for their stupidity!

stitchingmemories 08-29-2010 09:01 PM

You know I just don't know at what point people get hit upside the head with the "better than thou" stick but it really tick's me off.

A few years ago on another forum (not quilting) I ran across some nasty comments about another person's spelling/vocabulary by some educators. They made some really nasty comments and of course I had to put my two cents in. Being that I had a stroke when I was only 43 and have had my own struggles since, I have a real problem with judgemental people. No one knows a person's heart or personal problems that have lead us to where we are today. It's a hard and sad world we now live in where there is no tolerance for those that are different from ourselves.

I'm so sorry you had had that experience! I fully believe God will handle those folks in his time.

On the other hand, I am so happy to have met so many sweet and caring people on this board!

Gramof6 08-29-2010 09:26 PM

I'm sorry also that you ran across this type of person. They must be so miserable & have to put others down to make themselves feel superior. Sad. When I run across people like that, I just smile & say that it really is very hard to be me. And I walk away. I'd much rather stay & give them a good sz piece of my mind. But? That would be lowering myself down to their level & I hate to think of what a passerby might think of me. So just smile & say a little pc & go on.

wvdek 08-29-2010 09:44 PM

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or pray. Guess I will do all three. How enlightening, sad, and educational.

Put your head up, laugh about it, and keep on quiltin.

CarrieAnne 08-30-2010 04:45 AM

This was sure fun reading! I dont know why people have to be nasty, who has time for all the nastiness?!!!!!!!!! Yeesh!
And in Wisconsin, too, shame on them, most of us are nice here lol!
Wish I could have some with you, lol, I look like a farmer with Willie Nelson braids......would have given them something else to be snotty about.........

shopaholic97 08-30-2010 04:47 AM

so sorry it happened but love your response. Good for you girl!!

crawford1219 08-30-2010 04:50 AM

Don't worry-karma will come back and bite them in the tail end one day-what goes around always comes back around :)