Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ruler Storage/Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ruler-storage-organization-t75339.html)

maryel 11-09-2010 03:22 PM

What a beautiful sewing room and so organized you are! Mine are in a corner by my closet, someday I will have to find a "home" for them.

sewNso 11-09-2010 03:31 PM

i want cjtinkle's color charts. where did you get them?

suern3 11-09-2010 03:38 PM

I've been keeping mine under the couch in the living room, That is where I have to set up my cutting table. Apparently not a good idea becasue I was looking for my square one the other day and can't find it now! DH helped with flash light and moving the couch a little. I will be watching the answers that you get to this questions! LOL

cjtinkle 11-09-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
i want cjtinkle's color charts. where did you get them?

Those are fabric swatches of Moda Marbles and Bella Solids. On my other wall I have Kota Batiks, Muslins, and Hoffman 1895 Bali Batiks. I buy my fabric direct (wholesale) and having the swatches there means I can always match anything I might need.

I get the charts directly from the manufacturers, but you can buy them retail also through Hancock's of Paducah, just search "color card".

dkabasketlady 11-09-2010 05:59 PM

cjtinkle - I want a room like yours too!!

watterstide 11-10-2010 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
Pegboard here too, best thing I ever did!

thats how mine are hung..
your room is beautiful!

sewingladydi 11-10-2010 04:51 AM

I hang mine on these little metal and plastic hooks on the back of my sewing room door. The plastic sticks to the door with the 3M command stuff (that comes off without leaving a mark so no nail holes). Seems to collect less dust hanging from the back of the door.

My sewing room is only about 10 x 11 so if I'm up cutting it's sure not far to go to get a ruler

sumcoop 11-10-2010 05:18 AM

I have old cabinets for storage and I just nailed nails there to hang them on beside my work stations and I also have 2 old record racks that hold them....or I have a dish rack that is made like the record rack or a letter rack would do to...even a napkin holder. I like to use inexpensive things that I can find...for .50 or 1.00 at recycle shops.
Good luck!!!!

featherweight 11-10-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by sumcoop
I have old cabinets for storage and I just nailed nails there to hang them on beside my work stations and I also have 2 old record racks that hold them....or I have a dish rack that is made like the record rack or a letter rack would do to...even a napkin holder. I like to use inexpensive things that I can find...for .50 or 1.00 at recycle shops.
Good luck!!!!

You and I must plan a week long shopping day. We are very much alike. I just love to invent things, as I call it!!!

sumcoop 11-10-2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by sumcoop
Good luck!!!!

You and I must plan a week long shopping day. We are very much alike. I just love to invent things, as I call it!!!

I would love it...maybe do a swap meet one week in CO and one week in TN.
sounds like fun...I am queen of cheap....but love it and its a fun challenge. would love to shop with ya.