Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruler Storage/Organization

Blog Entries
    I'm a bit new to this quilting hobby. But I have found that I've ended up with quite a few rulers. I don't have a surface area large enough to use one of those mail sorters and I'm not to keen on making a fabric hanging organizer. Anyone have any kind of creative ideas? I saw some stand a lone ones at http://www.romwoodworking.com/shoppi...er_organizers/ but I kinda want something antique/unique..Suggestions are more than welcome. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBaby
    I'm a bit new to this quilting hobby. But I have found that I've ended up with quite a few rulers. I don't have a surface area large enough to use one of those mail sorters and I'm not to keen on making a fabric hanging organizer. Anyone have any kind of creative ideas? I saw some stand a lone ones at http://www.romwoodworking.com/shoppi...er_organizers/ but I kinda want something antique/unique..Suggestions are more than welcome. ;D
    This is one that I made..the directions are really easy.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-40054-1.htm

Blog Entries
    I have a peg board, with hangers, and things hanging from it. not real orderly, but. it works.

Banned
    Pegboard here too, best thing I ever did!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My last sewing room had enough wall space that I hung them with push pins on the wall. I did use those circular hangers from Hancock's/JoAnn's but found them to be a nuisance trying to get to the one I needed each time.

Power Poster
    My long/big ones are in a tall skinny box that stands on the floor next to a small three-drawer stand.. My small ones are in a drawer (on my good days).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    I want your whole sewing room! wow

I keep mine in a drawer.

I have put a row of small 'L' shaped hooks on the back of the door. Rulers that I don't use everyday live there on their own hook. Those I use every day sit on their edge in slots cut into a piece of wood beside my cutting mat.

wow! love your room great ideas!

What a beautiful sewing room and so organized you are! Mine are in a corner by my closet, someday I will have to find a "home" for them.

Blog Entries
    i want cjtinkle's color charts. where did you get them?

I've been keeping mine under the couch in the living room, That is where I have to set up my cutting table. Apparently not a good idea becasue I was looking for my square one the other day and can't find it now! DH helped with flash light and moving the couch a little. I will be watching the answers that you get to this questions! LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso
    i want cjtinkle's color charts. where did you get them?
    Those are fabric swatches of Moda Marbles and Bella Solids. On my other wall I have Kota Batiks, Muslins, and Hoffman 1895 Bali Batiks. I buy my fabric direct (wholesale) and having the swatches there means I can always match anything I might need.

I get the charts directly from the manufacturers, but you can buy them retail also through Hancock's of Paducah, just search "color card".

cjtinkle - I want a room like yours too!!

Blog Entries

thats how mine are hung..
    your room is beautiful!

I hang mine on these little metal and plastic hooks on the back of my sewing room door. The plastic sticks to the door with the 3M command stuff (that comes off without leaving a mark so no nail holes). Seems to collect less dust hanging from the back of the door.

My sewing room is only about 10 x 11 so if I'm up cutting it's sure not far to go to get a ruler

Blog Entries
    I have old cabinets for storage and I just nailed nails there to hang them on beside my work stations and I also have 2 old record racks that hold them....or I have a dish rack that is made like the record rack or a letter rack would do to...even a napkin holder. I like to use inexpensive things that I can find...for .50 or 1.00 at recycle shops.
    Good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    I have old cabinets for storage and I just nailed nails there to hang them on beside my work stations and I also have 2 old record racks that hold them....or I have a dish rack that is made like the record rack or a letter rack would do to...even a napkin holder. I like to use inexpensive things that I can find...for .50 or 1.00 at recycle shops.
    Good luck!!!!
    You and I must plan a week long shopping day. We are very much alike. I just love to invent things, as I call it!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    Good luck!!!!
    You and I must plan a week long shopping day. We are very much alike. I just love to invent things, as I call it!!!
    I would love it...maybe do a swap meet one week in CO and one week in TN.
    sounds like fun...I am queen of cheap....but love it and its a fun challenge. would love to shop with ya.

I hang mine on the wall behind my computer. Along with my thread. It's in the dining room but that's my sewing corner.

Wow. Beautiful room. I just got my own room, and I will look to yours for inspiration!

You have the greatest layout in your sewing room. Did you build the room special for your sewing room or did you kust luck out and find a house with this wonderful multi purpose room just waiting with your name on it...LOL

Andie :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Banned
    Thank you. No it's just one of the spare bedrooms upstairs, and small at that, 9' x 12'. I use the adjoining bedroom as well, along with the attached garage, LOL

There are photos of my sewing areas on my blog if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose
    You have the greatest layout in your sewing room. Did you build the room special for your sewing room or did you kust luck out and find a house with this wonderful multi purpose room just waiting with your name on it...LOL

Thank you. No it's just one of the spare bedrooms upstairs, and small at that, 9' x 12'. I use the adjoining bedroom as well, along with the attached garage, LOL

There are photos of my sewing areas on my blog if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose

CJ, I enjoyed your blog. Thanks for the tour...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast