Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The saga of the missing box.................. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/saga-missing-box-t18314.html)

mimisharon 03-30-2009 03:29 PM

WOW!! Terry was a real jewel of a friend and your excitement fairly rings through the words. What a wonderful gift of friendship!

Hugs,
Sharon

sandpat 03-30-2009 03:53 PM

Oh Wow Izy!!! That is a fantastic friend to send you a box like that! What a trip it took...I can just imagine how the suspense built up as you were waiting for that box! I know how worried I am every time I send one of the RR centers...on to the UK...I don't breath easily until I know they are there.

I still don't get how the PO couldn't hold that for you knowing that you had a PO box...but I guess if it wouldn't fit into your box...they thought they couldn't deliver it???? DUH :roll:

Well...have fun with your rummaging...I would have it spread everywhere!!!

Marcia 04-01-2009 05:29 AM

Izy-What a saga!! And what a trip those fabrics have made---TWICE! If only they could talk.

What a wonderful friend you have. I cannot wait to see pics of all your goodies.

gcathie 04-01-2009 05:36 AM

Awesome.....what great people quilters are....:-).....pet for me too....I see that smile......now go pet....:-)

Mousie 04-01-2009 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh Wow Izy!!! That is a fantastic friend to send you a box like that! What a trip it took...I can just imagine how the suspense built up as you were waiting for that box! I know how worried I am every time I send one of the RR centers...on to the UK...I don't breath easily until I know they are there.

I still don't get how the PO couldn't hold that for you knowing that you had a PO box...but I guess if it wouldn't fit into your box...they thought they couldn't deliver it???? DUH :roll:

Well...have fun with your rummaging...I would have it spread everywhere!!!

well, don't know how they do things in Spain, but I have po box, and they put a card in, telling me I have a pkg.
I love pkg.s...and with fabrics??? woo hooooooo!!! red letter day!
so happy for both of you and the poor box...it left home, for a new one, and took a while getting there, glad all those fabrics had each other for company. :wink:

Shemjo 04-01-2009 06:29 AM

I love stories with happy endings! Or at least happy middles! :lol:

Feathers 04-01-2009 06:35 AM

Great story about Terry and her generous gifts of friendship and fabric. Wow! We love you TERRY! Izy, I know you'll do something wonderful with your fabric and notion gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Izy 04-01-2009 11:10 AM

I think 'Terri/y' must be a code name for angel, as both my friends here on the board have been so generous :D :D :D

I have had another play in the box this evening :D

Quiltncrazy, our post office does the same, all parcels are kept in the back room. This is not a small po, its the main towns so has long opening hours too.....strange, but all's well in the end TG :wink:

kd124 04-01-2009 09:58 PM

What a wonderful friend you have. Glad you finally have the box, and I can't wait to see what your creative mind comes up with. Enjoy!!!