Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The saga of the missing box.................. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/saga-missing-box-t18314.html)

Izy 03-30-2009 10:59 AM

Well we need to go back in time to the end of January. My friend Sewhappy57 in Alaska asked me to come on chat, once on there she asked if I was interested in some Malaysian batik fabrics that she had.. WELL you can imagine how quickly my fingers were typing YES YES YES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well no sooner said than done, I got a PM from Sewhappy telling me the parcel was on the way, so the waiting began :roll:

I waited, and waited and waited.............no parcel, one week, two, three, four, five, seriously worried now, Terry keeps asking has it arrived yet...nope :cry: :cry: :cry:

We thought it must have gone astray, best to get onto the PO and check the tracking receipt..WHAT can't find it??? OMG what to do now????

Well when all hope had gone.....guess what turned up ....back in ALASKA?? YEEESSSSSSSSSSS the box!!

PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

The thought of all that lovely fabric going missing was heartbreaking, and the reason for it's return, 'unable to deliver' DUH I have a PO BOX which is in the Post office, so how can it not be delivered??

So poor Terry takes it back to her PO and sends it priority Mail and...

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE!!!!!

Today I got the most enormous box of fabric, not only the batiks, but LOADS of quilting fabrics, TONNNNNNNNNNES of threads and needles and and and so much STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!

I am ecstatic and although very busy at the moment I HAD to get it all out and pet it all. I am going to share with a few of my closest quilting buddies :D

I can't take any pictures as I have packed away the camera boo hoo!!

I hope I have given you all a clear picture in your minds about how much Terry has been so kind to send all the way to Spain, she is one of those very special people that I have the honour of calling my friend, bless you Terry :D :D :D

sewjoyce 03-30-2009 11:01 AM

Oh how sweet of her to send you all that "stuff"! Have fun with it and we will expect pictures at a later date :-) :-)

Izy 03-30-2009 11:04 AM

Oh I intend to sewjoyce, I am taking it with me when we move out for a couple of weeks, so I will have lots of fun playing with it all, sorting it out into colours and imagining what can be made with it all :D :D :D

RedGarnet222 03-30-2009 11:05 AM

Oh what a sweetie to be so generous. And she couldn't have picked a more talented quilter to send those treasures to.

I am so happy that it wasn't lost forever.

Knot Sew 03-30-2009 11:05 AM

oh how nice that goes far beyond a squishy package, I woulb be in shock lol Sew Happy is like her name a warm generous person :D

Izy 03-30-2009 11:12 AM

Absolutely, I couldn't agree with you more Ruth & Red :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BellaBoo 03-30-2009 11:20 AM

Your story made my day :D It is so nice to hear about good people doing good things.

Izy 03-30-2009 11:21 AM

Bella, I cannot put into words how much this means to me, I have been so fortunate to be a part of this group of wonderful people who have renewed my faith in human kind :D

beachlady 03-30-2009 11:25 AM

Boy that fabric has seen the world and back. Glad it got to you Izy! And what a nice person SewHappy is. We all need to take a road trip to meet eachother.

littlehud 03-30-2009 11:32 AM

I can tell it was worth the wait. What a trip that package made.