Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Saved Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/saved-patterns-t298051.html)

pchp 07-05-2018 07:34 AM

Lots of books, magazine articles, patterns in print, not to mention EQ and various patterns I've bookmarked or saved to my computer. And what have I done for my most recent two quilts? Challenges associated with an art quilt guild that are original designs.

joyce888 07-05-2018 07:50 AM

I to am an addict for saving/buying patterns

Snooze2978 07-05-2018 09:14 AM

If I see a pattern or picture of a quilt that speaks to me, of course, I'll get it. May never make it but I have it in case I do. I have folders on my PC for specific types of patterns such as scrappy, paper pieced, stars, logcabins, etc. Also have a folders titled "Future Quilts" so I know to look there first when I'm up to a new quilt. Sometimes its just a picture of how the fabrics and/or colors are arranged in a quilt that tweaks my interest.

Barb2018 07-05-2018 09:50 AM

Me too! I have binders full and stacks laying on top and rows of pattern and idea books. I like to page through them when I'm not busy or trying to unwind from a busy day. Lots of them are just for inspiration....many I like the basic look but I would make changes here and there.

ekuw 07-05-2018 09:51 AM

You are in good company :-) Definitely not alone!; I have the same problem, but I won't call it an addiction LOL!

SuziSew 07-05-2018 10:30 AM

Not alone at all! I have full quilt patterns, blocks, paper piecing, and applique blocks that I've saved on a flash drive and with all of the books, magazines and purchased patterns I'm pretty sure I have way more than 2000!!

I'm sure it is an addiction...maybe you should start a support group! :D

QuiltNama 07-05-2018 11:04 AM

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Magazines, books, pdf patterns, printed patterns, you name it, chances are I have it. LOL It took me a long time to stop feeling guilty about it, don't drink, smoke, gamble so this is my entertain-ment. Is it organized? No, so it's like Xmas and opening a new package when I go searching for something. It's not wasted if you enjoy them, like collecting fabric ... hehehe.

RedGarnet222 07-05-2018 11:45 AM

The best cooks have the best recipes. Right? I am overflowing with great patterns. No matter though. I love them.

This is what I enjoy doing and I have many charities I donate to yearly. Plus, I make gifts for birthdays and holidays. I don't know if it saves me money, but, I know the gifts are unique and from the heart.

For the most part they are organized into categories and I know where they are. I do go through and donate some of the patterns that I have used and I know I will not use anymore. Others I don't have the heart to pass on. I love them too much.

ube quilting 07-05-2018 12:40 PM

I collect patterns too and keep them in looseleaf binders. They are my go-to for inspiration.

Three Dog Night 07-05-2018 01:23 PM

Count me in on this subject - binders, patterns, books, magazines and saved to my computer; have no idea how many but I get sucked in and have to have it. Some have the material bought and ready to sew but most are just waiting for another day.