Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   SCORE!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/score-t61064.html)

CoyoteQuilts 08-23-2010 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally went to Harbor Freight tonight.... Of course all you gals talked everybody around me to get there first! I looked and looked, my DH asked about the blades and finally I found where they were SUPPOSE to be! Yep, they were all gone, but the cutter was there..... in the cutter package there are 3 blades, yep 3. It was $3.99. Well, I HAD to have a blade, mine is going skip, skip, skip and frustrating (I dropped it when it was open on a ceramic tile floor). So even though each blade was double what the single blades were it still was lots cheaper than Jo-Anns with a 40% off coupon. Of course I had to get a couple other things..... Did you all know they have a wrist magnet? I thought I'd try that out and see if it will work. Here is a pic of my finds. Just a few cents over 10 bucks!

My great finds at HF!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103351[/ATTACH]

nana pat 08-23-2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I finally went to Harbor Freight tonight.... Of course all you gals talked everybody around me to get there first! I looked and looked, my DH asked about the blades and finally I found where they were SUPPOSE to be! Yep, they were all gone, but the cutter was there..... in the cutter package there are 3 blades, yep 3. It was $3.99. Well, I HAD to have a blade, mine is going skip, skip, skip and frustrating (I dropped it when it was open on a ceramic tile floor). So even though each blade was double what the single blades were it still was lots cheaper than Jo-Anns with a 40% off coupon. Of course I had to get a couple other things..... Did you all know they have a wrist magnet? I thought I'd try that out and see if it will work. Here is a pic of my finds. Just a few cents over 10 bucks!

I have been using the wrist magnet pictured for a few weeks and love it. It is strong enought to hold all the pins, needles and even the screwdriver(that was an accident). :oops:

kim_s 08-23-2010 09:40 PM

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! Congrats on your score!!!

This store must be an east coast store or someting. I live in So Cal and have never heard of it.

Pattiecake 08-23-2010 09:46 PM

There are several in the Sacramento and Chico areas. Haven't been to one yet but I get flyers for their sales.

Chasing Hawk 08-23-2010 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by kim_s

This store must be an east coast store or someting. I live in So Cal and have never heard of it.

They are based out of So. Cal....LOL

They have 3 stores down there:

Camarillo, Ventura and Simi Valley

np3 08-23-2010 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by kim_s

They are all over California. It's a man thing. Well, it was a man thing!

SueDor 08-24-2010 02:29 AM

Good buys!

craftybear 08-24-2010 02:37 AM

great buys, just don't use the magnet holder close to any computerized sewing or embroidery machines

mygirl66 08-24-2010 03:22 AM

I had to buy the same carpet cutter, mine was out of the blades too, but it is still a good deal, compaired to what they want at JAF for new blades! Keep calling them back to see when they have them in stock!

Barbm 08-24-2010 03:45 AM

I'm hoping their are no quilters in my area that know about this. I need to get to HF! If they have them, I'm going to buy them all!!! (insert evil laugh here)