Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Scrap Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/scrap-quilts-t37346.html)

Corky 02-22-2010 04:52 PM

I love my Mac and have used both extensively. I hate that some of the software is not compatible, although most is. Thanks!

tlpa 02-24-2010 05:52 PM

Hi,
I've been trying to figure out how to put together all my unmatching scraps also, and in looking at some other scrap quilts, I notice a "grounding" color. Like the postage stamp quilt shown, I think I will use a white to ground my scraps.

aliaslaceygreen 02-24-2010 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I love scrap quilts but had a hard time making them . If I had a pattern I ended up trying to match things. Well I just finished a scrap quilt that I personally love. After I finished cutting all my scraps into 2 1/2 inch strips and 5 inch squares and 2 1/2 in squares I took all the leftovers and made this quilt. my only 2 rules were not putting the same fabric right next to each other and I wasn't allowed to change the fabric I was grabbing out of the basket otherwise. If that makes sense.

Great example of a scrap quilt... i have a BUNCH of them sitting, started...similar to your blocks...totally random, and then choose a good solid like black to separate!!! pretty quilts, all that everyones shown

mayday 03-04-2010 04:27 AM

Haven't found pic ------have you posted ,will be interested to see.

katieranch 04-06-2011 02:56 PM

very pretty!

pollyjvan9 04-06-2011 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my latest scrap quilt. It is all greens and whites or offwhites. This is the first one where I used only one color.

Green scrap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180642[/ATTACH]

OneMoreQuilt 04-06-2011 04:49 PM

I love scrap quilts. They are beautiful whether the fabrics "match" or not!!!

TonnieLoree 04-06-2011 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost afraid to show mine. This is probably the worlds ugliest scrap quilt ever created. I was living in a 5-wheel 75 miles from town in the middle of winter. I had no idea where this would go, but I persisted. I wish I would have used some sashing to break up the blocks. A friend of mine commented that some of the pieces glowed in the dark. I forgot that I had used some scraps from pajamas that I made for my grandsons. In it's defense, it has kept me warm for 11 years. :lol:

Can you say UGLY?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180697[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 04-06-2011 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No I love it. My idea of true scrappy. Just looking at it makes me sleepy and want to snuggle up in it.

I tied this together after the center panel was finnished by adding a fish border, fabric I had still laying around but it looks planned. With this one I put in a big variety of oranges, browns, blues, golds, greens

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Almost afraid to show mine. This is probably the worlds ugliest scrap quilt ever created.

TonnieLoree 04-06-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
No I love it. My idea of true scrappy. Just looking at it makes me sleepy and want to snuggle up in it.

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Almost afraid to show mine. This is probably the worlds ugliest scrap quilt ever created.

You are too kind! I really like yours. Next time I will have some design elements in one.