Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/see-if-anybody-interested-us-international-round-robin-iii-t54331.html)

Lori L 07-21-2010 05:04 PM

I have a quick question that I didn't find an answer to by reading the RR2 rules/regs. Is it okay to ship along extra fabric with your center? I don't want anyone to feel as if I'm pushing for certain fabric to be used, in fact...just the opposite. I can't wait to see what people do with my center. The reason I ask is this......the fabric I used to put together my center was actually purchased for me to put together a quilt. So I have a fair amount of coordinating fabric that goes with the center. Is this something that's proper round robin etiquette or is it rude?? Have other people sent along extra fabric with their centers before?? Just wondering. Thanks and whatever the answer is....it's okay with me. I can always stick the fabric away in my newly growing stash :)

jetwv 07-21-2010 05:05 PM

Feeling intimidated. I've seen Ninnie's and tried to keep up. I've very interested. Put me on the list and international would be fine.

lfw045 07-21-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by lfw045
I want to do it, please! If I get stuck I got a professional close by.....(wink, wink.....lol). I've been wanting to try this for a long time.

Professional near by? Hmmm.....gonna hook me up with this person?

You are the professional honey........LOL!

Ninnie 07-21-2010 05:17 PM

well, guess I will go again, I have learned so much from II. I will do international,
Guess I had better get busy and finish up the last rounds on II :lol: :lol:

montanablu 07-21-2010 05:40 PM

Lori, I think including the fabric would be fine. Just insert a note stating that it's there to be used IF they choose to, but not required. We're all to be helping each other - right?? And sometimes we just can't find that one perfect coordinate that we'd like to use. It's going to change the postage a little, but you're probably not sending 10 yds or more----------ARE you??!! :)

tlrnhi 07-21-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lori L
I have a quick question that I didn't find an answer to by reading the RR2 rules/regs. Is it okay to ship along extra fabric with your center? I don't want anyone to feel as if I'm pushing for certain fabric to be used, in fact...just the opposite. I can't wait to see what people do with my center. The reason I ask is this......the fabric I used to put together my center was actually purchased for me to put together a quilt. So I have a fair amount of coordinating fabric that goes with the center. Is this something that's proper round robin etiquette or is it rude?? Have other people sent along extra fabric with their centers before?? Just wondering. Thanks and whatever the answer is....it's okay with me. I can always stick the fabric away in my newly growing stash :)

Yes, it's ok to send coordinating fabric, but only if the person asks for it. I'm sure if you ask the person you are sending it to first, they might say yes. Or...you can just make sure that others who will be working on your center know that if they are in need of coordinating fabric, you'd be glad to send it along. Most will wait until the person who has the center asks for it. Then you would send what you have so they can use it.
Clear as mud?

tlrnhi 07-21-2010 05:46 PM

Please, don't feel intimidated! As long as you are confident that you will do a good job and handle each center with care and do your VERY BEST, that's all that is required.

tlrnhi 07-21-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

I want to do it, please! If I get stuck I got a professional close by.....(wink, wink.....lol). I've been wanting to try this for a long time.

Professional near by? Hmmm.....gonna hook me up with this person?

You are the professional honey........LOL!

I am FAR from a professional, believe me!

swimchick1984 07-21-2010 05:56 PM

I have been watching the picture threads of the other IRR and was so jealous that I missed the opportunity to join.

So please add me to the list; I would love love to have an international quilt (in fact that is what I am most excited for)

Gwyn 07-21-2010 06:12 PM

tlrnhi: I haven't seen you forever. You had twin grandchildren or something and you disappeared. I want to do it again.