Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seems so quiet here... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seems-so-quiet-here-t171754.html)

Sunnie 12-11-2011 07:14 PM

Seems so quiet here...

I guess everyone is busy finishing their Christmas projects. I have 1/2 the binding hand stitched on two projects so I am not very far behind. Plus a Quilt for Kids that is 1/2 pieced that I really would like to put in the mail before Christmas.

Hope all your projects are going well too.

woody 12-11-2011 07:43 PM

I'm also hand sewing the binding on 2 quilts and have just about cut all the pieces for a tree skirt, I think I'm dreaming if I expect that to be finished by Christmas :D At least it should be finished for nest year

kathdavis 12-11-2011 08:00 PM

Just finished blinging my Christmas quilt. I worked on adding bling for over three hours, but it is officially done. I need to take pictures.

JanTx 12-11-2011 08:31 PM

I'm making table runners like I'm addicted to them! Working on number 7 of the 9 I plan to make. I'm visiting my grandson's pre-school on Tuesday and would like to have one for each of his teachers - PE, music, classroom, aide, and principal. He's has Asperger's Syndrome - a high-functioning form of autism - and has given them quite a challenge this year. I try to go visit once a month - I'm a teacher too and know how it helps to have connections between school and home - even if it's Grammy's home. So ... table runners. I've done 2 twin-sized quits - need to finish binding one, one for a church secret pal - large lap size, finishing a lap quilt for someone else - needs quilted and bound... oh - and a table runner/placemat set for my mother. Need to piece 3 more placemats and quilt 5 of them. It could happen!

sewbeadit 12-12-2011 03:20 AM

I have two and a half quilt tops to finish, then will quilt them on long arm after Christmas. No time to do it now.lol

QuiltnNan 12-12-2011 09:12 AM

i'm busy sewing as well.

BellaBoo 12-12-2011 09:40 AM

I've noticed the amount of new posts have been lower since the new board. Too many categories that the new posts are being moved to off the main board. Who has time to go to every category. I check two and that's about all.

sharon b 12-12-2011 10:50 AM

I think everyone is busy with the last minute rush :) There are lots of new topics being posted - We have the same amount/type of categories as before just different wrapping paper :rolleyes:

quilter2theend 12-12-2011 03:00 PM

Trying to finish up the quillow for my Dad, I am quilting it myself and it has been a challenge (by machine). Then I have to start cutting out tree skirt and make some appliques for a table runner and placemats ( they will be next years Christmas gifts for my sisters) With working part-time there are never enough hours in the day. But I am not going to stress about getting everything done because it takes the joy out of the season. So to everyone out there don't feel guilty if you don't get things done, just enjoy the process and what you do accomplish.

garysgal 12-12-2011 04:22 PM

I just finished all my quilting/sewing that had to be done. Now it's on to cookie baking! Then I plan to take a break and do some painting in the basement.