Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Sew Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sew-day-t30864.html)

amma 12-04-2009 02:52 PM

We are in a cold spell, no snow or rain though :D
in the mid 30's during the day and down to 17 to upper 20's at night... I think I will stay in and sew too :D :D :D

Chele 12-04-2009 02:57 PM

Only rain here. I did have to put socks on. Very unusual. It was down to 55 today. My kids are frozen solid. Little punks want the heat on! Back to 80 degrees by Tuesday. Send a little snow my way? And a coat for the little ones?

Aunt Maggie 12-05-2009 06:06 AM

While I wouldn't mind a sew day....y'all are saying too,too many 4 letter words in these posts. Don't you know that snow is a 4 letter word, ice is a short one and sleet is a long one!!!

susiequilt 12-05-2009 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Only rain here. I did have to put socks on. Very unusual. It was down to 55 today. My kids are frozen solid. Little punks want the heat on! Back to 80 degrees by Tuesday. Send a little snow my way? And a coat for the little ones?

Three almost steady days of rain! That's almost unheard of especially this time of year. This is the dry season.
I'm about 1 1/2 hours southeast of you.
No golf again today so I'm doing my farm blocks. No sewing just yet so getting the tedious stuff done on the blocks.

I haven't seen snow since visiting northern virginia a couple of Christmases ago.

Bevanger 12-05-2009 06:36 AM

LOL.(snowsomething)..... Have fun sewing.

jojo47 12-05-2009 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt

Originally Posted by Chele

Three almost steady days of rain! That's almost unheard of especially this time of year. This is the dry season.
I'm about 1 1/2 hours southeast of you.
No golf again today so I'm doing my farm blocks. No sewing just yet so getting the tedious stuff done on the blocks.

I haven't seen snow since visiting northern virginia a couple of Christmases ago.

This has been an unusual year weatherwise across the nation. Here in the midwest we've had one of the coolest summers on record...crops didn't mature in the timeline they should have and corn and soybeans were harvested later than usual because of the wet conditions.

Gilla 12-05-2009 07:36 AM

The temp at my house today was 23 degrees!!1 Frost on the pumpkin, but no snow. Thank you very much.

dizzy 12-05-2009 08:54 AM

YOU'LLcan have your snow I've seen enough of it in mylife time.
The year i was in the 7th grade we were snowed in for six weeks.that was in 78,an then 83 we had another big snow.
I lived in Indiana in that state for forty years.an now live in Arkansas an if they get snow here it don't last long enough to even make snow men hardly.An I love the warmer temps.

no co quilter 12-05-2009 09:11 AM

Hmmm...I live in the Adirondacks - it was 54 yesterday - no snow to date, very unusual....may flurry this evening?? I need a sew day to complete a quilt for a Christmas present for my grandchild.

beachlady 12-05-2009 09:13 AM

Snowing in Annapolis, Maryland too, but my machines and fabric are all in Maine. Boo Hoo!