Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing alone or with friends? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-alone-friends-t52686.html)

sherrill 07-04-2010 02:55 PM

:) For years my best friend came each Monday evening adn Wednesday afternoons,another friend joined us on Wednesday.We had a grand time. We haven't done that for ages. We would talk and laugh and fix all the worlds problems.
We even sewed.

SherriB 07-04-2010 03:40 PM

I usually sew alone. None of my friends share my love for sewing/quilting. My oldest DD will sit in the kitchen with me sometimes when I sew.

Jeanniejo 07-04-2010 04:09 PM

I sew alone . I don't have any quilting friends and no LQS. I do belong to a guild but its an hour away so I don't go every month. It's hard to get to know the guild members as everyone comes the meeting just when it starts and leaves as soon as it's over. Probably why I don't feel guilty about missing meetings or the drive.
I also belong to a group that meets the 1st Sat. of the month but usually I'm so excited to be with other quilters that I don't get much done. Also if I have to work on that Sat. I miss that meeting and sewing session as well. Fortunately this group has a quilt retreat twice a year for 3 days. I try to make every one and just love it!! It's truly my favorite vacation !!!

maryb119 07-04-2010 04:41 PM

I sew alone most of the time. It is my way to relax and enjoy doing something that I love to do. Sometimes, though, I get together with a friend. She is a new quilter and wow, is she hooked. I am helping her learn some techniques and she does beautiful work. We go shopping for fabric of course, but sometimes we get together for a stitch and bitch. We go out for lunch and then sit and sew all afternoon. We have a lot of fun.

maryb119 07-04-2010 04:41 PM

I sew alone most of the time. It is my way to relax and enjoy doing something that I love to do. Sometimes, though, I get together with a friend. She is a new quilter and wow, is she hooked. I am helping her learn some techniques and she does beautiful work. We go shopping for fabric of course, but sometimes we get together for a stitch and bitch. We go out for lunch and then sit and sew all afternoon. We have a lot of fun.

mimee4 07-04-2010 04:57 PM

I usually quilt alone. Not many of my friends quilt. If we get together - as others on this board have said - we don't get much more than conversation done.

mawmaw 07-04-2010 06:01 PM

I sew with a friend once a week. She is very good at it and has taught me a lot. We get a lot done.......much more than I get done alone.

Darlene Vogt 07-04-2010 07:19 PM

I like to quilt alone except once a Month I have joined a group of about 10 ladies,we come & go as we wish, it is a great way to learn new patterns & ideas.

Darlene Vogt, Fennimore Wi

annette1952 07-04-2010 09:45 PM

I always quilt alone. I don't know anyone that even quilts. I thought about checking at my LQS because they have different things going on especially in the winter but I haven't done that yet. Maybe someday

Annaquilts 07-05-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by annette1952
I always quilt alone. I don't know anyone that even quilts. I thought about checking at my LQS because they have different things going on especially in the winter but I haven't done that yet. Maybe someday

What is an LQS?