Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing alone or with friends?

Blog Entries
    I prefer to sew with a friend. Keeps me on task but I have yet to make this work out. Most of my friends are so busy with family obligations that it is just not their season to spend time quilting. I have another friend who likes to come over and sew with me but it seems I am always having to help her with her project so much I don't get much of my own accomplished.

Blog Entries
    I have a friend come over once a week and we have a good time, the rest of the time I am by myself . Love the gab session with my friend :lol:

I have a sewing day with a friend and with my mum at least once a month. I love it, and so do they we get to catchi up on all the lastest news, and teach each other new tips. The rest of the time I am on my own, but dont get any sewing done during the week becasue of work. Only on weekends.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I sew alone. None of my friends sew and don't have any interest in it at all. So I just share with you all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love sewing with people...however none of my close friends sew....so when we to gether they are scrapbooking while I am sewing up projects for them. LOl. So I usually sew by myself.

I sew alone, most of the time.

When I get together with friends I have a hard time keeping everyone on task. we tend to talk more than we sew, which is not a bad thing sometimes, but then they complain that they didn't get anything done. Most of the time I sew alone.

I sew alone...was learning to hand quilting with my MOM until she got sick and passed away in Sept.'09 Sure do miss her. My sisters and I plan to use some of her dresses in quilt project (none of them have ever quilted)

I have no one to sew with so I sew alone. Unless you consider my helper Gage.

Blog Entries
    I have just found a group that meets every Friday from 10 to 3pm! I have been twice so far and find it enjoyable ;).

Many years ago we young Mothers would get together and sew and let our kids play. Worked best with hand work. Not trying to use machine, Or big cutting project. Most of us had portable hand quilting. Was a great time.

I also sew alone, unless you count me talking to myself as another person. lol

Banned
    i sew alone, if i sew with friends i get nothing done, but i love to fabric shop with friends!

My quilt buddy and I try to sew together once a week, sometimes it works out great, we have a good time. Sometimes we spend so much time shopping for fabric and eating lunch that we run out of sewing time. hahaha it's also more work to sew together because one of us has to transport sewing machine and stuff for projects, fabric etc....but it is more fun to sew together, we put on music and dance and quilt. I'm sure we are very cute!!!

My BFF and I try to get together at her house once a week but with both of our busy lives we don't always get together that often. It is hard for me because I have to haul everything there but she is good about helping me carry the stuff in. I'm afraid I get more done than she does because she spends time cooking us breakfast and lunch. And then after lunch we tend to sit and visit too long. But that is part of the fun too.

I prefer to sew alone so I can concentrate. I definitely don't do any cutting at her house or I'd really screw up!

I sew alone too, none of my frineds are into sewing!

I hear ya! I sew with friends too but sometimes I just want to be alone.

I sew with my friend every chance we get.We seem to keep each other caught up on our Thimbleberries BOM.

I used to belong to a group until work got in the way. Now I sew alone. That is why I joined this group so I can discuss things that we all enjoy and also to get input from other people when a problem arises. Thanks in advance!!!

I find I get more done with a friend, less alone.

Banned
    For years I have sewn by myself because I worked all day and it was a form of stress reducer for me since I lived alone. But in the last 3 months I have met a group of ladies that are a spinoff from a guild that I visited once. We meet once a week and it is exactly what I was looking for when I went to the guild meeting. It is alot like how the Elm Creek quilters are described in their stories. I feel very lucky to be a part of their group. :thumbup: 8-) :lol:

I also sew alone, but I have discovered that RatherB Quilting lives only 40 minutes from me!!! We are planning a coffee meet and then on to her quilt store.....I am so excited to finally meet someone!

I do both. I just love to quilt. When I got started with quilting my husband had signed me up at a famous quilt place that just happened to be close by. After some time I decided to start my own group. We now meet on Thursday evening. Some of the people I or my DD tought to sew and quilt and some already quilted. At this point some people come without a machine or project because they jsut want to unload. This is OK too but I always want to sew as that is therapeutic for me. We also go to quilt shows together and do in home quilt retreat. It is all free and you do not have to follow any technique or style. I do sew on my own alot often very late at night or ealry in the morning when I can't sleep. Often one of my children will be sewing with me or doing home work so I guess I do enjoy company when I sew. Anna

I learned to quilt in a local group, but since it finished I have sewn on my own. I got much more done with the group since I always wanted to make sure I'd something accomplished since we last met! Now I just drift along and spend more time thinking about quilting than doing it.

I sew alone...none of my friends sew or quilt. One even describes it as "that thing you do", they think it is totally "out of character" for me to have such a pastime...as if it's weird or something.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast