Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing alone or with friends? >

Sewing alone or with friends?

Sewing alone or with friends?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by puck116
I go to a quilting group on Thursday's and wouldn't give it up for anything. I stay until about 8pm. I stopped worrying about getting too much done because I go for the companionship. If I have something that really needs to get done I usually plan to do it at home.
I quilt & sew alone (in FL.) None of my friends sew. Joined a few quilting classes at JoAnn when I first moved here to meet other quilters.Just wondering where in Fl & Ma you are from. I moved from Mass in 2001.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 PM

Don't let it bother you I think you are perfectly normal.
There is a saying in Dutch (translated) "If you aren't Dutch, you aren't much". Goes for quilting to. Keep the pedal to the metal girl and the needle in the quilt.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by angelanicole
Don't let it bother you I think you are perfectly normal.
There is a saying in Dutch (translated) "If you aren't Dutch, you aren't much". Goes for quilting to. Keep the pedal to the metal girl and the needle in the quilt.
(This message is for earthwalker)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

I don't have anyone to sew with, and my duplex is very small. God bless. Penny
Old 07-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Athough we usually sew, alone a couple of quilting friends and I actually started our own quilt retreat. We go away once in the Spring and once in the Fall for an extra long weekend to a resort in Northern Vermont. Fantastic location, far enough away from any distractions and we make sure we have everything we need before we go. We rent a 3 bedroom suite with a large living room and full kitchen. Each of us takes turns cooking the meals. It's amazing how much we get done, including some chatting along the way.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 AM

I mostly sew alone as I don't have any friends who sew or quilt, my sister only sews enough to patch :{~ but my Mom, MIL & several of my SILs sew and quilt. They all live at least 3 hours away though, so it's hard to get together with them to sew. We do talk a lot about quilting when we do get together and love to show off our latest projects. We have been getting together at my house the last couple years in March for a mini "quilt-a-thon" weekend while the guys reload bullets!!! They all came to my house last Aug. and we went on a bus trip of the MN Quilt Shop Hop last year in the northern metro area. We had so much fun that this year we are planning go to my MIL's and all ride in one of the SIL's vans on the northern MN section together the weekend of Aug. 7!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:24 AM

I usually sew by myself. My husband made me a wonderful sewing room, with lots of windows so I can see the birds when I am sewing. My cat keeps me company. She love to help me sew.

Except twice a year I go to a quilting retreat. 3 days of nothing but sewing with some of the nicest women I have ever met. What could be better, doing something I love, with the nicest women and someone else doing the cooking for you. You can see why I look forward to these weekends.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 AM

I am by myself. No one near to come over
Old 07-07-2010, 08:18 AM

I sew alone. I wish my quilting buddy lived closer so we could sew together but she lives 40 miles away.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
I love sewing with people...however none of my close friends sew....so when we to gether they are scrapbooking while I am sewing up projects for them. LOl. So I usually sew by myself.
This is the same in my case! All my friends scrapbook at retreats and I sew. At home, I sew by myself.