Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Cabinets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-cabinets-t69577.html)

tutt 10-11-2010 10:29 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative 2134 and have been looking for a sewing cabinet. Do any of you have any recommendations?

scowlkat 10-11-2010 12:51 PM

Do you want to sit in front of the needle? If so, look at the cabinets that are more open underneath. Otherwise, recommend the Arrow cabinets for cost and features. I just sold mine and bought a Horn cabinet because I had to have one that fits the large machines (Ellisimo). I loved my Arrow (it was a 300 model). You can find them very reasonable with free shipping on ebay.

np3 10-11-2010 12:54 PM

My husband built my table to my specs. I have much more room behind this way.

featherweight 10-11-2010 01:09 PM

I have a Roberts Cabinet and I love it!

quiltmaker 10-12-2010 04:37 AM

I also use Roberts cabinets that have the specific inserts for my machines. I have the big one that has the drawers and the back piece that gives me so much width/length to keep my quilts easy to work with and no drag whatsoever. I also just love mine!

featherweight 10-12-2010 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I also use Roberts cabinets that have the specific inserts for my machines. I have the big one that has the drawers and the back piece that gives me so much width/length to keep my quilts easy to work with and no drag whatsoever. I also just love mine!

Sounds exactly like mine. I bought mine at an estate sale for $75.00. It has the 4 drawers in front also. Then I bought the Roberts cutting table with the drawers from the same estate for $50.00. That is the very best deal that I think I have ever fell into. I felt very, very lucky.

quiltmaker 10-12-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Sounds exactly like mine. I bought mine at an estate sale for $75.00. It has the 4 drawers in front also. Then I bought the Roberts cutting table with the drawers from the same estate for $50.00. That is the very best deal that I think I have ever fell into. I felt very, very lucky.

Oh Featherweight, you truly got a fabulous deal. Mine were bought brand new and at the darn premium price but have not regretted it one bit. You really made out and am so happy for you!

featherweight 10-12-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Oh Featherweight, you truly got a fabulous deal. Mine were bought brand new and at the darn premium price but have not regretted it one bit. You really made out and am so happy for you!

Thank You!!!

tutt 10-14-2010 09:58 AM

Thanks to everyone for the input.

luvTooQuilt 10-14-2010 10:00 AM

Hubby made mine to spec.. Being short, it helped alot..