Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Commandments - the breaking of . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-commandments-breaking-t158319.html)

Rhaorth 10-06-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM49

I also touch my finger to my iron...taught by my mother too. She always wet her finger and then touched the iron so of course I do the same. Love to hear that little sizzle...lol.

yep she would lick her finger and touch it, ssst (yep I like to hear it too, even if I can hear the steam, still have to touch the dang thing)

sewtruterry 10-06-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa

Originally Posted by Monroe
You forgot my favorite- Thou shalt put the needle in the proper position! My machine default is to the left, my favorite 1/4" foot only has a center hole. Irks me every time I forget.

I have that same machine. Why would a company make such a dumb machine. Is there anyone out there who knows how to change the default and keep that needle in the center?

What machine are you talking about? All of the machines that I have all have the needle in the center of the plate.

madamekelly 10-06-2011 09:00 PM

Thou shalt share your addiction. Imagine if we could send this kind of community into the real world.

This is the biggest one of all! THOU SHALT IGNORE ALL QUILT POLICE!

DebJ 10-06-2011 09:21 PM

This thread was a hoot to read, really did lol. Glad he was in bed far enough away to not disturb. Was so funny I had to read every page, except 8, it wouldn't load for some reason. Unless it does when I post this. Stay safe now. Watch out for all those sharp things but have fun quilting too.

Linda-in-iowa 10-06-2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewtruterry

Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa

Originally Posted by Monroe
You forgot my favorite- Thou shalt put the needle in the proper position! My machine default is to the left, my favorite 1/4" foot only has a center hole. Irks me every time I forget.

I have that same machine. Why would a company make such a dumb machine. Is there anyone out there who knows how to change the default and keep that needle in the center?

What machine are you talking about? All of the machines that I have all have the needle in the center of the plate.

It's a Brother 2800. annoying as all get out!

suzanprincess 10-07-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline

Originally Posted by JanTx
How many times can you sew a corner of a quilt onto some other piece of it when you're quilting on a domestic machine? Is there a limit and then you won't do it anymore? Please?

Ummmm I give up how many?? Oh not a quizz! If it's me then the answer is infinite. I can do just that for hours at a time. Keeps the rest of the family amused listening to me yell at the fabric. Like it's to blame.

Well of course it's to blame--it reaches out to pull a friend close!

Sierra 10-07-2011 06:01 AM

Last night I found a new one: Do not begin sewing until you put the bobbin cover on. Oh well, I got to do another.... clean your machine regularly. Agggggghhhhhh.....

trrmite 10-07-2011 10:23 AM

After reading pages, as beginner does this means after breaking all the rules I can call myself a quilter? if so I am on the right road and with the right group. Thanks for letting me join. And yes I read some of the treads to my Dh. His answer "I don't understand"

dltaylor 10-07-2011 10:26 AM

you are too funny!!

Doreen 10-07-2011 10:32 AM

Too funny!