Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing feet storage? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-feet-storage-t208856.html)

patchsamkim 12-20-2012 03:12 PM

I use a "Hotwheels" type car box to store my extra feet in. I use them for storing thread also. They used to be easier to find. I try to keep them in numerical order so they are easy to find when I need to use one.

patsynel 12-20-2012 03:23 PM

I bought a plastic box with dividers at Harbor Freight, it works well for me. I labeled each section for each foot.

tesspug 12-20-2012 05:23 PM

I have a metal strip on the wall and little magnetic boxes.

pinecone 12-20-2012 06:20 PM

I have a small fishing lure box that is 2 sided from Wmart, it even holds my walking foot and free-motion one too.

Originally Posted by kookey426 (Post 5730767)
I use a large pill weekly box..

I use one of these too for bobbins for my little Gem Janome for class. 4 bobbins fit in each compartment. Finger nail polish remover takes off the Mon, Tue....so you just have a plain box.

piney

Dolphyngyrl 12-20-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 5730661)
I use one of the small plastic see through craft storage boxes with dividers. I use a marker to label the type of foot per compartment.
Sandy

I used to do it this way but now I have a bag with zippered compartments because the boxes did not hold my large feet or oddly shaped feet or other accessories and the bag does. The only foot it doesn't hold is the flower stitch foot.

rush88888 12-21-2012 01:18 AM

how 'bout wearing a shirt with pockets so you could store your feet in them while you are sewing. another idea is to make a "free-standing" pocket and add fabric or cording to wear around your neck like a necklace. that way, the feet will stay close but not in the way.

leatheflea 12-21-2012 03:33 AM

so many great ideas. I'm leaning towards the magnetic strip, thank you all for your responses! If you come up with any more feel free to post. I won't be going into town for shoppin till after the holidays!

Todie's Mom 12-21-2012 03:50 AM

I did not like the Bernina box so I traded it back to the dealer for some bobbins and an extra foot. I use the square plastic case that pins come in. I label the case 1/4 " foot, etc. etc. exception is walking foot which I keep in a larger square box. I keep all of this in a another clear box that is not too large but deep enough to hold the plastic cases. Works great for me.

Debbie C 12-21-2012 03:53 AM

I just recently purchased a hanging jewelry storage - the large flat thing with several plastic pouches sewn onto both sides. The pouches (pockets) are made of clear, see-through, plastic and are varied sizes. I have this hanging on the peg board wall my dh made a while back...very convenient as my feet are all in one place and visible. A small stick-on file folder label tells me which one is which!

Debbie C 12-21-2012 03:55 AM

This is a great idea - Ikea sells the whole set-up for only a couple of dollars - great for pins, snaps.... all the little things that you need easy access to.

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5731906)
I have a metal strip on the wall and little magnetic boxes.