Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing with knee lift and foot pedal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-knee-lift-foot-pedal-t146830.html)

EC 08-22-2011 07:15 AM

Right foot, right knee.

Linda Nelson 08-22-2011 07:44 AM

I have a Brother and love the knee lift! I use my right knee and sew with my left foot.

dunster 08-22-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I use my left foot and my right knee. I'm surprised they were surprised.

Ditto. I have to take the knee lift off when I clean the machine, and then sometimes I forget to put it back on. I start sewing, move my right knee over to lift the presser foot, and - darn! have to put that thing back on again. I'm lost without it.

mpspeedy 08-22-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks for the advice but I do have the cord extended as far as it will go. I did loop it around behind the machine today and it seemed to be less in my way. If it was a regular plug instead of that compter like connection I could just use an extension cord.

bearisgray 10-15-2015 07:15 AM

I have a bernina 930 - I bought a used knee lift lever - the "thing" bends waaaaaay too far to the left and crowds my right leg. I like the idea of using it - but when that lever is installed, I am miserable. Any fixes?

faykilgore 10-15-2015 08:44 AM

My Bernina dealer taught me the left foot, right knee method when I bought my first Bernina. Works for me. I find it difficult to sew now without the knee lift.

jcrow 10-15-2015 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 4009275)
I have a knee lift and have never used it. I'm guessing it's very useful as everyone seems to like it. I may have to try and get use to it.

You really will love the knee lift after you practice with it. At first, I didn't use mine and my second lesson the dealer kept reminding me about it and I became one with the knee lift �� Now I could not live without it!

mpspeedy2 10-15-2015 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by zkosh (Post 4011031)
I have the Bernina vintage 830 and I was taught to use my left foot on the pedal and right knee. I am using a Pfaff 2140 now and still use the left foot for the pedal, but the darn knee lift lever keeps falling out of the hole that it goes in. Has anyone else had this problem?

You sound like me. My problem is that I sew very fast and the vibration tends to make the knee bar fall out of the machine. Every once in a while I bang the end of the knee bar that goes into the machine on a hard surface to flatten it a little. That helps to make it a tighter fit.

Sandra-P 10-15-2015 01:13 PM

With my Bernina I use left foot, and right knee. I do like my knee lift and find that when I sew at guild with my small Janome I am constantly trying to find my knee lift when there isn't one there.

bearisgray 10-15-2015 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7346035)
I have a bernina 930 - I bought a used knee lift lever - the "thing" bends waaaaaay too far to the left and crowds my right leg. I like the idea of using it - but when that lever is installed, I am miserable. Any fixes?

DH bent it for me.