Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which sewing machine gets to go camping and what pattern to make? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-gets-go-camping-what-pattern-make-t128052.html)

Annaquilts 06-04-2011 03:06 PM

Normally I only bring english paper piecing, grandma's flower garden. This year I am thinking of bringing a sewing machine, iron, tiny ironing board, rotary cutting mat and rotary cutter. I have many sewing machines and the best candidates I would think are a Feather Weight, Janome Jem Gold or maybe a Singer 301. I picture doing piecing only. What patterns have other people found to work well with sit and sew on a camp ground? I have a lot of kidlets so I need to keep one eye on them. We are in a class C motor home (cab over) and will mostly be in sites with full hook up.

sash 06-04-2011 03:43 PM

Have carried my janome dc3050 before, but now that I have a f/w, it will be the f/w simply because I love her and she's my baby and she weighs less and doesn't take up as much room.

ann31039 06-04-2011 03:51 PM

i have 4 with me. lol. my brother ex660, commodore (15 clone), brother embroidery and my serger.

TonnieLoree 06-04-2011 03:51 PM

I own neither of the above, so I couldn't give you an honest opinion. When and if I ever get the chance to go camping I take my crochet with me. When we camp, we really camp. No electricity whatsoever. BTW. where is the nearest bush to tinkle in?

Cybrarian 06-04-2011 04:00 PM

Whatever you take, pack a can of compressed air to keep your baby clean and running smoothly. Have fun!

Airwick156 06-04-2011 04:36 PM

I take my brother xl2600. And this year I am going to try to cut up some Kits to take with me so that I wont have to cut anything out. REMEMBER to bring your RIPPER...if you don't YOU WILL wish that you had!!

JUNEC 06-04-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Normally I only bring english paper piecing, grandma's flower garden. This year I am thinking of bringing a sewing machine, iron, tiny ironing board, rotary cutting mat and rotary cutter. I have many sewing machines and the best candidates I would think are a Feather Weight, Janome Jem Gold or maybe a Singer 301. I picture doing piecing only. What patterns have other people found to work well with sit and sew on a camp ground? I have a lot of kidlets so I need to keep one eye on them. We are in a class C motor home (cab over) and will mostly be in sites with full hook up.

I would take the Feather Weight

lalaland 06-04-2011 04:55 PM

I take my Janome Jem Gold everywhere - to classes, in the car, on planes, love it. When I'm traveling, I take projects I'm doing for charity.

Annaquilts 06-04-2011 05:54 PM

Oh no I refused to do that. My man used to take me out like that with little kidlets in tow and eventually I refused. LOL

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
I own neither of the above, so I couldn't give you an honest opinion. When and if I ever get the chance to go camping I take my crochet with me. When we camp, we really camp. No electricity whatsoever. BTW. where is the nearest bush to tinkle in?

Annaquilts 06-04-2011 05:55 PM

Thanks!!!! So true and eventhough we get hook up the campsite is too far from anything that would cary sewing supplies.

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I take my brother xl2600. And this year I am going to try to cut up some Kits to take with me so that I wont have to cut anything out. REMEMBER to bring your RIPPER...if you don't YOU WILL wish that you had!!