Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing machine Help please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-help-please-t59932.html)

Shelia 08-19-2010 11:23 AM

This happened to one of my machines...turned out it was the timing. I chose not to have it repaired as my machine was not all that expensive. It would have cost almost as much to have it fixed as the cost of the machine!

nursie76 08-19-2010 12:42 PM

Sorry that all this has brought on a migraine. Hope you feel better soon, and that you find someone to help you with your machine problem.

Aully 08-19-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Sorry that all this has brought on a migraine. Hope you feel better soon, and that you find someone to help you with your machine problem.

Thanks it's not your fault though. :)

nwm50 08-19-2010 01:40 PM

I still say~~~~ Whack it.............okay, okay...im not helping! Ask Billy on lostn51, don't know if he knows newer machine but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I have an FW and 306 so they"re pretty realible! In fact i just started using the 306 today....kinda made me nervous..those double slanted needle and cams,etc....

alica1367 08-19-2010 01:51 PM

A friend of mine had that happen. When she took it to be serviced, he told her thread had gotten wound up and tangled in the tension area. Does the left side open so you can see where the thread goes when your threading the machine? If so, check to see if you have a birds nest of thread wrapped around something in there.

aardvarq 08-19-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aully

Thanks it's not your fault though. :)

There has to be a computer reset button somewhere . . . Is the power button that turns it on a toggle type button or a push and spring back type button?

If toggle, like most, no help there.

Maybe if you hold the stop start button and count to about ten slowly, it will reset the motherboard memory.

On my non-Singer: I turn the machine off, hold the stop/start and another button down WHILE turning on the power switch/button.

Have you tried something like that yet?

The fact that the needle goes up and down by hand-turn means most of the gears/belts are ok.

Humm

Aardie.

enerod 08-19-2010 02:10 PM

see what happens if you unplug the foot petal and just use the start/stop button? I can only use that btton, but sometimes someone plugs in a foot and I get this same red light and nothing works.

MiMi in Lutz 08-19-2010 02:55 PM

Singers do have a habit of doing what your mashine has done if thread is stuck down under the bobbin case area. I would take out everything I could and look and also while it is apart as much as possible use your vacumm cleaner and suck it out even if you do not see anything. It could be the tiniest bit of thread stuck down in there. Do NOT use canned air to try to clean it out. That only pushes stuff further inside it. And Say a Prayer...God always helps me :)

starlight 08-19-2010 03:35 PM

Had this happen to one of mine and it was the belt. Hope that is not the cause though.

sgraves1959 08-19-2010 03:46 PM

looks like it says start and stop

Does it sew with a foot control on the floor? Unplug that and replug it in making sure it is in securely. What does it say under the red light? I can't make it out.

looks like it says stop ans start