Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Machine Withdrawal? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-withdrawal-t40853.html)

dkabasketlady 03-27-2010 12:02 PM

I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, I have 4 machines, but only have 2 set up at a time. I'd go nuts if I couldn't sew when I wanted to.

littlehud 03-27-2010 08:00 PM

I would be going nuts. I need to sew on my days off. I can understand what you are feeling.

Bottle Blonde 03-27-2010 08:08 PM

I am moving on April 1st and have already started packing. I needed to pack my sewing room and knew I would have quilting withdrawals so I kept out a few supplies to start a handsewing project. I had not tried English Paper Piecing - so I put the things I needed in a plastic container. Now when I need a break from packing and in the evenings while watching tv with my DH - I work on the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern. I really enjoy it, but my fingers are very sore! I'm not used to doing so much sewing by hand, but I'm very thankful that I thought ahead or I would be pacing around in circles tearing my hair out.

craftybear 03-28-2010 10:41 PM

I am also making the Grandmothes Flower Garden, been sorting thru some of my remnants fabrics so I can get them all in one spot.

Have fun!

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I am moving on April 1st and have already started packing. I needed to pack my sewing room and knew I would have quilting withdrawals so I kept out a few supplies to start a handsewing project. I had not tried English Paper Piecing - so I put the things I needed in a plastic container. Now when I need a break from packing and in the evenings while watching tv with my DH - I work on the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern. I really enjoy it, but my fingers are very sore! I'm not used to doing so much sewing by hand, but I'm very thankful that I thought ahead or I would be pacing around in circles tearing my hair out.

Gal 03-29-2010 12:55 AM

My back up machine is an old Elna from the 70's my hubby bought me from a garage sale for about $35.00 NZ. It has no manual or attachments but I gave it a super clean and oiled it myself and it just purrs along. The lady said her kids were all grown up and she no longer did any sewing! I could not be without a sewing machine for long!

Gal

QuiltingQueen 03-29-2010 03:37 AM

My machine started acting up this past Friday.... I can't get it into the shop until Wednesday... I have to get it there so its ready for a quilt retreat the middle of Easter... plans are in the works to move my quilting room downstairs so I will be cleaning, painting and arranging so my baby can come home to a new room!

mic-pa 03-29-2010 03:58 AM

I have three machines set up at all times. I sew every day and not having a machine to sew on would drive me nuts. I don't understand people who never sew but then they think I am nuts to cut up fabric an sew it back together LOL

thismomquilts 03-29-2010 04:02 AM

I don't even like going away because I can't take my machine! :cry: I'd rather stay home than go camping, on vacation - if I can't take the machine... now, granted, I DO go - don't want others to think I have issues - even though I do :)

Oklahoma Suzie 03-29-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltsbybarb
I have two sewing machines and just love it. I am never without!

me too, I have a spare, I just could not go without sewing.

QuiltingGrannie 03-29-2010 02:07 PM

I just bought a new one and my DH asked me who I was going to give or sell the other one to. I told him, no one, that I was going to keep it. He just nodded and then understood that that way I'd never be without a machine.

I have withdrawals when just one day goes by and I don't ahve time to sew. I also went through the old one being in the shop last years --- it's not fun, but it will get all better, be home soon and running better than ever!