Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing on my Patio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-my-patio-t132847.html)

sandyo 06-25-2011 03:51 AM

love to sew outside, have not been able to do it yet this year. Too much rain.

Aurora 06-25-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.

Deanna,

I use a large tool box on wheels, has room for everything, including my 301A.

Aurora

mar32428 06-25-2011 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by dixiebelle162002
Sounds like a great plan, but it is way to hot here to sew outside her today! :lol: Enjoy your time outdoors.

Same here. You can sew your seam, finger press and hold it up to the sun.

Margie 06-25-2011 05:15 AM

Dont you wish you could afford to buy all these handy things...I do lol :)

mltquilt 06-25-2011 05:43 AM

With temps at 98-99 in my area think I'll just sit and sew looking out the patio door. Can still hear the birds and see greenery but a lot cooler.

mltquilt

jaciqltznok 06-25-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.

as long as it is not computerized you should be ok...BUT if there is high humidity, or windy/blowing dirt around...then probably NOT....
I know here in OK we could NEVER take a machine outside...it would die that night from all of the crud that would blow into it..hehehe

sash 06-25-2011 06:17 AM

Ohh, that sounds so delightful. But, it's suppose to be 108 degrees here today, so will stay inside where it's nice and cool. So jealous.

bizzyquilter 06-25-2011 06:52 AM

Sewing outside sounds great...but it's 112 here so I think I'll sew inside where it's nice and cool. Happy sewing.

Margie 06-25-2011 07:22 AM

We have a little cottage at a lake (wish we were ON the lake) but we have a screened in porch and I like to sew out there.

caspharm 06-25-2011 07:30 AM

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe use one of those rolling kitchen carts (search on the internet). I think there are some with a power bar attached, or it would be easy to buy.

Deb is lucky with her gazebo.