Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Room ALMOST DONE!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-almost-done-t21410.html)

MollieSue 06-17-2009 04:50 AM

Andrea, your paneling sounds like my plaster walls! More often than not, my little nails just get bent trying to pound them in! lol!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!! :D

Dorothy of Kansas 06-17-2009 04:50 AM

(foot tapping impatiently)....is it ready yet? I wanna see some pictures!!! :lol: :lol:

Quilting Aggi 06-17-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Andrea - how about pinning up a big piece of flannel or cotton batting - then you can use it as a design wall? Just an idea!

I am actually considering doing this and just hanging it over the area where my electric breaker box is. It's already closed in, but it would be nice to cover the area. I might actually stretch and staple a design wall over a bit piece of canvas and then I can move it when I need to get to the breaker box!!!

nellie 06-17-2009 08:37 AM

hi aggi can,t wait to see your new sewing room

tweety 06-17-2009 09:05 AM

Can't wait to see pics. Is this a business or just your own personal quilting room. Not to be nosey just that every time I show these great sewing rooms to my DH . He says"that's a business. No one would need that big of room for a hobby"
Linda

mommaB 06-17-2009 09:15 AM

My Sewing room has the 1970's paneling in it too!!! I primed and then painted it..looks great, much brighter and cleaner!! Try drilling pilot holes for the screws and nails, it really makes it easier!! Plus I was afraid I'd get ticked off and really wollup the stuff and put a big hole in it :lol: :lol: :lol: Mine is the main path between the garage and the rest of the house, so everybody dumps their stuff :evil: So I'm in the process of evicting everything that's not MINE!! Enjoy, there's nothing quite like a nice neat sewing space (even if the neat part doesn't last long!)

quiltwoman 06-17-2009 01:37 PM

can't wait 2 c pix!

Quilting Aggi 06-17-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tweety
Can't wait to see pics. Is this a business or just your own personal quilting room. Not to be nosey just that every time I show these great sewing rooms to my DH . He says"that's a business. No one would need that big of room for a hobby"
Linda

Hi Tweety, yes I do have a small home based business selling my pieces as well as teaching.

GailG 06-18-2009 03:52 PM

OK Aggi, the suspence is killing me. Sounds wonderful. You ought to put out really great things after this.

Quilting Aggi 06-19-2009 02:51 AM

I GOT TO SEW IN MY ROOM FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT!!! WOOO HOOOOOO!! Mum and I started up our Thursday night quilting group last night. Although there were only 3 of the 5 of us there, we each had lots of room to work on our projects! I worked on making a rod pocket for another big wallhanging I plan to hang in my sewing room this weekend. I also started working on some chenille projects I've been wanting to make!

Trevor is working overnights this weekend and it's a long weekend here so guess what I'll be doing in the evenings when the sun goes down!! I'm seeing a few late nights this weekend. Me and the pooch hanging out in my little cozy room with some tunes playing, fabric flying, and perhaps a couple dog treats!!! hmm okay dog treats for Alexi and I'll pick up a bottle of red wine for me and some nibblies!! I think I'll have me a little sewing room warming party with me and pooch!!!! hee heee

Pictures are coming THIS weekend!!! I have to pick up a couple little things at the hardware store and Fabricville to complete the decor and then I'll be taking lots of photos!