Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Room ALMOST DONE!!!

Tonight I started hanging up some of my wallhangings and doing a little bit of decorating around my fabric pantries and cabinets. Absolutely nothing matches but I don't care!!! LOL Hopefully by this weekend I will have photos of my sewing room to share with you all!!! I'm getting reeeeeally excited now!

We are hoping to start up our Thursday night sewing group this Thursday night! Tomorrow evening I have a couple more hangings to put up and a good vacuuming of my space. I still have a pile of big black garbage bags filled with shredded papers, and old stuff I no longer wanted. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I'll be able to start taking some photos!!!

yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

hee hee I just had to share that with you all!!! I know several of you have been after me since renovating the house to get some photos taken of my sewing room, but up to now it's been an absolute tornado down there. Just a few more days!!!

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    How exciting for you!!! :D :D :D I will be watching for your pictures :shock: :wink:

Wonderful news! Looking forward to seeing your photos! I know you have been working really hard to getthings as you want them! :lol:

Yes I love seeing pictures of everyones sewing space. I bet your group of sewers is happy to get back together
    :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh, can't wait to see pics, Andrea!

Blog Entries
    Ready and waiting to see the pics Andrea!

Can't wait for those pics Aggi, now if someone would just come and straighten up mine :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see it all!
    I want to come play in your room too!!

Were waiting 8)

I'm on 'go', whenever your ready... :wink:

Blog Entries
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Patiently waiting ....LOL.... this is what we look like after a long and drawn out mare stare, so we need something else to stare at now !
    Sharon

Looking forward to seeing it. I love seeing everyone else's sewing rooms. Sounds like you've been working hard on it! I haven't posted a picture of mine because it ALWAYS looks like a tornado has gone through it. :roll:

Excting...but:

Pictures! Pictures! We want to see pictures! :)

Banned
    isn't it fun to decorate? i loved doing it when we moved in here

I have two more little things to finish up in my room and I need to pick up the brackets this Friday after work. Once the two remaining things I want to hang are hung I'll be taking photos!!! So by Saturday evening I should be going camera crazy downstairs! I added a few little finishing touches to the room tonight with some wallhangings and cushions I made and some soft lighting and I'm getting sooooooooo excited!!! I'm really loving my room, even with the gaudy carpet and horrid 70s panelling (both of which I had hoped to replace during the whole reno phase and before the moving in phase which didn't happen). Hopefully over the winter I might be able to put in new flooring and walls cause I'm about to lose my soul on that @#(*#( panelling. The stuff is like concrete trying to screw in brackets to hang some of my wallhangings!!!

Anyway, just a couple more things to add to the room and then I'll be posting photos. Hopefully Saturday evening I'll be adding my pictures!! I can't WAIT to share them with you!! I have never had a room dedicated completely to my sewing before, so I'm all that more excited!

There will also be room for extra tables to conduct private classes and little day retreats!!! wooo hooo!!!

How exciting! Oh, you lucky girl! Hope you tried the cordless drill for going through that paneling. Did you paint it? Paste some fabric on it with starch (saw that done on HGTV a couple of times and I'm thinking that's not a bad idea.) I may try it one of these days.

Hugs,
    Sharon

I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    How exciting! Oh, you lucky girl! Hope you tried the cordless drill for going through that paneling. Did you paint it? Paste some fabric on it with starch (saw that done on HGTV a couple of times and I'm thinking that's not a bad idea.) I may try it one of these days.

Hugs,
    Sharon
    Hi Sharon

No I didn't use the cordless drill.. wishing I did now that you mentioned it!! HOLY CRAP!!!!! that stuff is like concrete trying to just hammer a nail through it!! I hammered a nail to make the holes for the brackets and I swear I was just hammering and hammering and the panelling was not making a single dent!

Painting the panelling would have been a great idea, except during the whole reno and moving phases, that room seemed to be the catch all place and it was never tidy enough to actually get around to paint it. Hopefully next year I will be replacing that @#($*#( panelling altogether. I HATE that stuff!!!! I'm covering it up as much as possible with my wallhangings and other stuff LOL. The fabric idea is good too... but I love all my fabrics and hate to put them on the walls LOL

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Andrea - how about pinning up a big piece of flannel or cotton batting - then you can use it as a design wall? Just an idea!

Blog Entries
    Waiting to see pictures i bet your so happy Congras.dear

Blog Entries
    Andrea, your paneling sounds like my plaster walls! More often than not, my little nails just get bent trying to pound them in! lol!!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!! :D

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (foot tapping impatiently)....is it ready yet? I wanna see some pictures!!! :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Andrea - how about pinning up a big piece of flannel or cotton batting - then you can use it as a design wall? Just an idea!
    I am actually considering doing this and just hanging it over the area where my electric breaker box is. It's already closed in, but it would be nice to cover the area. I might actually stretch and staple a design wall over a bit piece of canvas and then I can move it when I need to get to the breaker box!!!

Blog Entries
    hi aggi can,t wait to see your new sewing room

Can't wait to see pics. Is this a business or just your own personal quilting room. Not to be nosey just that every time I show these great sewing rooms to my DH . He says"that's a business. No one would need that big of room for a hobby"
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast