Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing room and a studio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-room-studio-t2347.html)

Margie 03-24-2010 08:54 AM

Hmmmmm I guess the basement has now become my studio rofl

Margie

fabuchicki 03-24-2010 08:54 AM

I started out an artist and then learned to sew. My machine sits atop my art table and my fabric is surrounded by paints, brushes, face paints, pastels, pencils, portfolios, oil paint, adhesives, razor blades, paper of all kinds, pads, beads, craft supplies, charcoal, drafting supplies, acrylic mediums, rubber stamps, watercolors, gouache ... basically a lifetime of art supplies; so, I get to call it a studio - no matter what comes out of that room.

sewcrafty 03-24-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the main differences between a sewing room and a studio are

(1) ego
(2) perspective
(3) self confidence

if you believe your product is art, wherever you work is your studio - even if it's a cardboard box in the garage. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: YEP!!!

laparshall 03-24-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Margie
Hmmmmm I guess the basement has now become my studio rofl

Margie

Well, if your basement is where your create your art, then I agree, by definition it is a studio. Things are really looking up around here.

quilting4five 03-24-2010 12:29 PM

It's fun to have some kind of moniker -- I call my sewing area the Quilt Cave. My husband is a musician in his spare time (computer whiz by day, guitar rocker by night, lol) and he does call his "music room" his studio -- he has recording equipment and tons of instruments along with his computer, etc. He is the only one in our household (we have 5 kids) with their very own room for their very own hobby! And it has a door, no less!

Chasing Hawk 03-24-2010 12:35 PM

Garage/shop = mancave

Sewing room/studio/don't bothermeordieroom = bright airy female cave

:lol: 8-) :shock: :mrgreen:

Lostn51 03-24-2010 07:24 PM

Mine is a complete separate building in my backyard and I do call it my studio. It is has nothing but sewing machines and quilting supplies, very comfy and I can relax and let my creative side come out and enjoy myself.

My Garage is more of a work place thats where I make my living. But its a nice hangout on Friday nights when my buddies come over and we sit around eating pizza tossing a few back and work on something of ours.

So I guess I would consider myself lucky to have two places to call my own.

Billy

Born2Sew 03-24-2010 07:34 PM

My sewing room/computer room is shared with my hubby. It is our small spare bedroom converted to a computer sewing room combo. Both of us have our desks and computers in here, plus my sewing machines. At least part of them....I have 3 more in our bedroom. In the meantime,,,,we call this room the Creation room..Ha!

I waited all these years until the kids grew up and left home to have my very own sewing spare. Well, what did I do? I filled up the spare rooms by moving my Mom and uncle in with us.
So, I have to wait a while longer for my own space. I would still move them in anyway (I think)...

Gramof6 03-24-2010 07:57 PM

Long ago I thought a Studio was seperate from the home. LOL My sewing/quilting room one day became the Sweat Shop. LOL

Chasing Hawk 03-24-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Long ago I thought a Studio was seperate from the home. LOL My sewing/quilting room one day became the Sweat Shop. LOL

LOL