Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing table size - Pros and Cons & Configuration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-table-size-pros-cons-configuration-t27484.html)

MollieSue 10-27-2009 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Now, it's YOUR turn, Diana. Hope you'll post a pic of your new set up when you're ready. :) See what you got into? LOL :D Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me. Best of luck on your potential changes, and may you find peace, too!

I took some of how it is now (disaster zone!)with my camera phone, but can't get them to load in the computer! I used to have a nice, calm, room, until I got this half of a pingpong table! I have two of my little grandkids for a few more hours today, then I'll see what I can do in there!
But here is a picture of what I used to have.....

MollieSue 10-27-2009 10:16 AM

Mjsyvstr, I love your thread cabinet!!! I'm using an old small curio cabinet my son bought me years ago, for my thread. Although I'm needing something bigger now. And I'm still kicking myself for passing up one of those closet sweater holder thingys at a garage sale for 50 cents!! I have no idea why I didn't buy it!
This is such a neat thread you started, Quiltgranny!!! I'm guessing this is helping lots of people get ideas!!!! :D :D

mjsylvstr 10-27-2009 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here's another goodie that hubby made for me.

The last machine I had, had a extended plexiglas table, which I thought was most wonderful....loved it.

I bought a new Kenmore (more $$$ than the last machine) and this did not come with an ext. table..

Here is what hubby made for me.........can you just imagine what he could do if he had more power tools ??????

Maybe Santa will leave some for Christmas. !!!!!!!

MaryJane

Quiltgranny 10-27-2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by MollieSue

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Now, it's YOUR turn, Diana. Hope you'll post a pic of your new set up when you're ready. :) See what you got into? LOL :D Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me. Best of luck on your potential changes, and may you find peace, too!

I took some of how it is now (disaster zone!)with my camera phone, but can't get them to load in the computer! I used to have a nice, calm, room, until I got this half of a pingpong table! I have two of my little grandkids for a few more hours today, then I'll see what I can do in there!
But here is a picture of what I used to have.....

I'm SO glad you're changing your sewing table, Diana. From the looks of this picture, you could have the weight of your quilt flowing out your open window! :shock: :D "Rapunzle, Rapunzle, let down your quilt, er hair." LOL Can't wait to see your new and improved set up pics when you get a chance. :) I'm a little under the weather today so haven't done anything else in my room, but will soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Happy peace finding!

P.S. Have you been able to download your camera phone pics before? I can take them on my phone, but don't pay the extra $ to be able to share them by computer or email. :( Maybe someone else here in the know can help you. Sure hope so.

Quiltgranny 10-27-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
here's another goodie that hubby made for me.

I bought a new Kenmore (more $$$ than the last machine) and this did not come with an ext. table..

Here is what hubby made for me.........can you just imagine what he could do if he had more power tools ??????

Maybe Santa will leave some for Christmas. !!!!!!!

MaryJane

Absolutely beautiful!! What a blessing your talented hubby is!! Yep, I think Santa ought to think hard about his gift this year, lol! :wink: With your extension table being clear, you can use it as a light box, too!!

Happy sewing! :)

MaryAnna 10-27-2009 01:28 PM

It looks great! Way to go, Quiltgranny! Thanks for sharing those great pix!
Regards,
MaryAnna

Quiltgranny 10-27-2009 02:09 PM

Thanks so much Maryana for your positive feedback. Now, if I could just figure out what might be a "peaceful" yet somewhat "fun" fabric for new curtains in here. Any thoughts?

Happy sewing,

MaryAnna 10-27-2009 04:08 PM

Well it all depends on your view from your window....hmmm...I've got the 2" faux wood blinds, and dark chocolate thin drapes that are always tied back and blinds open. I find alot of inspiration from nature! And my sewing room/guest room is on the 2nd floor over looking my gardens & woods. I bought my curtains from Walmart for $9.99 and they look really 'high end', but they are thin; however they are there more for 'looks' than purpose.
Here's a great idea....if you've got a few too many quilts, how about using them- they would serve 2 purposes: design inspiration and wonderful decor AND they will keep the cold out and in summer keep the heat out!
I love the quilt blocks on your desgin wall, how about making a few more of them- they are really tres chic, and very warm and inviting....they would be fabulous as curtains!
Regards,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 10-27-2009 05:11 PM

Well some news...first I'll have to take pictures of my sewing room/guest room quickly, I'll post them tomorrow....a wonderful rememberance....
My son will be moving back in to attend college and finish his degree (finally), he's giving notice to his employer.....so that means the guest room/sewing room will be his room.
I'll be moving my sewing room into my bedroom, should be interesting to say the least, but worth it.
I'll need a good, but not pricey, compact sewing table-perhaps one that folds out. Any recommendations from anyone?
I have 2 closets in my bedroom, so I will clear one out and it will house the fabric stash, which is already in plastic drawers stacked.
Just when we think we've got our sewing rooms perfect, zap life happens!
oh well, it's for the best...
I'll post pictures of my sewing room tomorrow.
Regards,
MaryAnna

Quiltgranny 10-27-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Well it all depends on your view from your window....
Here's a great idea....if you've got a few too many quilts, how about using them- they would serve 2 purposes: design inspiration and wonderful decor AND they will keep the cold out and in summer keep the heat out!
I love the quilt blocks on your desgin wall, how about making a few more of them- they are really tres chic, and very warm and inviting....they would be fabulous as curtains!
Regards,
MaryAnna

Hi Maryanna,

Oh, I've got an awesome view from my windows if you like wildlife; bears, deer, squirrels, raccoon, and of course the neighborhood cats and dog on the loose! This coming snowstorm should put the bears to bed for the winter, YAY!! :thumbup: It DOES tend to get pretty cold here in the winter, so your idea of using a quilt for the window is awesome!! I wish I had some extras, but so far I've given them all away. :) I'll be checking our local thrift store, occasionally I'll see a quilt in there. Don't really have time to make them for two windows, it'll be down to 16° by tomorrow night! BRR!

As for the blocks on my design wall, thanks so much for your compliments. The top row has 6 blocks of 12 of the current BOM "Heartland Heritage" that I'm working on. The lower rows are rows 4 and 5 of 7 of a rather large BOM from a while back called "Scrappy Treasures" and as you can see isn't done yet. That one will be for our bedroom. Both projects are made with a variety of Kansas Troubles fabrics. Yes I agree, they are quite inviting and down to earth, as we are.

Thanks for your great ideas, they'll be used soon. :)

Happy sewing!