Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shadow Dancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shadow-dancer-t22952.html)

dojo36 07-19-2009 07:00 AM

the last i heard from her - i had mentioned quitting smoking and she asked me how i quit. this was all in pm's. i told her i asked God to take away my desire for a cigarette and HE did. it's been little over a year now that i quit and I never craved a cigarette. that's the last i heard from her. my keyboard is nasty dirty, how does everybody clean their keyboard? mine gets crumbs and cat hair & no tellin what else. i've deep cleaned it before with a Q tip & alcohol, and i shake crumbs out of it but it's still dirty.

Bevanger 07-19-2009 07:17 AM

I turn my keyboard upside down and spray it with canned air. Works for me.... :D

tlrnhi 07-19-2009 07:35 AM

We are supposed to clean the keyboard? lol

dvseals 07-19-2009 08:19 AM

I actually take mine (keyboard) completely apart bout once every 3 months..
stick all the plastic parts in warm soapy water and give 'm a good scrubbing
then rinse in hot water.
Just make sure you DON'T get the lil wafer thin plastic thing with all the squiggly things on it inside wet anywhere..
even a lil water can cause problems.
then I spend an hr or more making sure all the plastic pieces are dry.
I'll use q-tips and blow dryer and even smack 'm on a towel to get all the moisture out of them.

Hope Shadow's doing okies and pops in when she can :)

dojo36 07-19-2009 10:29 AM

you mean u take all the keys off? i'd never get them back on in the same place. oh i guess i could take a pic of it before i took it apart, huh, is that what u did? do they pop off easily? what do you use to pop them off?

Shemjo 07-19-2009 10:40 AM

Praying for Shadow's triumphant return. :lol:

cutebuns 07-19-2009 10:59 AM

I know that part of it is that she was moving, so that along with everything else, she is probably taking a break and trying to get settled in.

Bevanger 07-19-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I know that part of it is that she was moving, so that along with everything else, she is probably taking a break and trying to get settled in.

i loved getting settled in my new home, but i sure hated moving. i hope she enjoys her new place and we get to see pics.

Janstar 07-19-2009 07:10 PM

I've been wondering about her too. Be looking foreward to seeing her back!

dvseals 07-19-2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by dojo36
you mean u take all the keys off? i'd never get them back on in the same place. oh i guess i could take a pic of it before i took it apart, huh, is that what u did? do they pop off easily? what do you use to pop them off?

Actually mine are pretty well stuck into the frame of the keyboard.. not had any pop out yet.
Only thing I've had probs with is the lil rubber things that are underneath them that stick to the circuit board (that really thin flimsy thing inside keyboard with all the squiggly lines) they tend to move on me when I go to put it back together lol.