Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   share your other hobbies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/share-your-other-hobbies-t107079.html)

berrypatch 03-13-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Toni-in-Texas
I do family genealogy. It's addicting, too.

I have been volunteering at the genealogical society of NE PA

joy 03-13-2011 03:45 PM

I love playing music... am in a music group.... piano, keyboard and organ.... also make quilt tops...

stitchofclass2 03-13-2011 04:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow! We are all so talented. Love it. I love ceramics, oil painting (haven't done this for years), genealogy, crochet, knitting, jewelry making, wood burning, sewing; purses, carry-on bags, totes, corn bags, curtains & draperies, gardening. Some of my work below:

portraits of my 3 oldest grandchildren
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169464[/ATTACH]

some of my carry-on bags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169465[/ATTACH]

"Iam not a deer!" horse blankets for deer hunting season
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169466[/ATTACH]

fidgety 03-13-2011 04:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I play with my dogs, ride my Harley (when my back wasnt hurting that is). I aslo help my friend with her jewelry bussiness when I can. He is some of what we do..

feline fanatic 03-13-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
What a diverse group! Sew crafty!
I used to cross stitch, but now I paint, bead, read...
I would like to learn to crochet someday.
Here's some of my paintings

Magpie, your paintings are amazing! So talented!!

craftiladi 03-13-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Not much time left after being on this board and quilting! LOL But, I do love jig saw puzzles (I have quite a collection-from 1,000 pcs to 8,000 pcs!) The harder, the better! I also read and love cross-word puzzles.

Oh I so wish I was more patient with puzzles. My MIL gave me some beautiful puzzles w/ quilts in them. When she was here visiting she did complete one for me, I glued and framed it, guess I will have to wait for another vivist for her to finish the other ones, mean while I embroidery, crochet, garden {ya spring is here} and I read alot. Oh and scrap book but haven't been able to get motivated on that for over a yr now.

JanieH 03-13-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
I love toi crochet, genealogy, gardening,reading, writing love taking pictures, like meeting new people, learn new things

What is "toi crocheting"? Love to crochet; am learning Tuisian crochet.

wordpaintervs 03-13-2011 04:19 PM

Wish I had NAF, or that I was able to afford one, and at age 70, little hope of it happening. They are wonderful and some are made beautifully. I have bad lungs, but perhaps I could blow into one of those flutes.

I make and give away rag dolls for kids with cancer and other devestating diseases, i am a novice quilter (small things), I knit simple stuff....(posted two things that will perhaps show up on tomorrows knitting forum) and I crochet, embroider, try to draw simple stuff and paint it, plus my favorite thing to do is write inspirational mini=fiction stories (short shorts). My "grannys crazy quilt" is posted somewhere on here, that I wrote sometime back.

We sure have a wonderful and versified group in this forum. I also have a guitar I forgot how to play, but hope to re-learn.

I teach a short one day a week knit/crochet class to a tiny group.

Faiwee 03-13-2011 04:26 PM

Reading and Baking.

sassey 03-13-2011 04:39 PM

Into card making scrapbooking embroidery beading designing and making jewelry bead making reading computer game ccccccounted cross stitch crocheting and crafting with small children