Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sharing some more jo-anns savings . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sharing-some-more-jo-anns-savings-t14253.html)

fabricluvr 12-09-2008 05:55 AM

jo-ann coupon

retrogirl02 12-09-2008 09:09 AM

Patty, I have the hardest time finding things I need with the 50% off coupons and when they had their last notions sale, I picked out two items I assumed were "notions" since they were in the same area but the ladies at the register said they weren't included. :? :( :? Other things were already on sale that I'd have liked to purchase, but I'm begining to think they're knocking off a little so you can't use the big coupons.
What do you usually get when they have the half off stuff?

Knot Sew 12-09-2008 10:05 AM

If they are not on sale I buy a fat quarter or a quarter yard of some cotton fabric or some buttons or one spool of thread...that is about it really...I don't make special trips anymore. :D

june6995 12-09-2008 10:16 AM

I bought a new rotary cutter at 50% off. I have 2 on the cutting table (one at each end) and one on the sewing table to trim blocks and cut thread tails. Sure is handy to have more than one.

June in Cincinnati

fabricluvr 12-09-2008 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Patty, I have the hardest time finding things I need with the 50% off coupons and when they had their last notions sale, I picked out two items I assumed were "notions" since they were in the same area but the ladies at the register said they weren't included. :? :( :? Other things were already on sale that I'd have liked to purchase, but I'm begining to think they're knocking off a little so you can't use the big coupons.
What do you usually get when they have the half off stuff?

i start with magazines, but lately they've been putting those on sale for 10% off. today i needed some embroidery thread, so i used two different coupons and got two spools i needed for today's project (sulky wasn't on sale). they also have a machine embroidery book that i want at one of the stores, so i'll have to see if it's already on sale when i'm in that little town on friday. i live only 5 miles from one of the stores, so it's nothing these days for me to go in there every other day. they all know me by name!

i also get muslin and solids if they aren't on sale (for backings). and batting. insulbrite (for potholders) is basically never on sale, so it's good to use a coupon on that.

i think the notions aisle is going on sale friday. i always have a coupon 'in my back pocket' in case something isn't on sale. they know to tell me at the register! :) :D

retrogirl02 12-09-2008 10:53 AM

thanks for sharing your ideas everyone....I hadn't thought of thread or magazines. I'm usually looking for material or templates, cutting mats, shears or rotary supplies. It'd be nice to pick up a new magazine or thread other than white or off-white.

butterflywing 12-13-2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by fabricluvr

are those good for in-store purchases or online only? i could use a teeny rotary cutter for cuttiing around curved templates. and another coupon for a pack of blades. those blades get you every time, don't they?

gigi2landon 12-13-2008 05:45 PM

today they had all their blades on sale. I bought the Warm and Natural batting at 50% off.

bj 12-13-2008 07:59 PM

I was in JoAnn's today and they had their fat quarters on sale for 99 cents. I was in a hurry so I didn't pick up too many, but I'm going back tomorrow. :)

Up North 12-14-2008 04:51 AM

I purchased a shape cut slotted mat for 50% off last week. I try to go for more expensive things with 50% off coupons.