Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shopping on line.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shopping-line-t241332.html)

crafty-kid 02-16-2014 07:10 PM

Shopping on line....

Has anyone purchased from Connecting Threads before? I am wondering about the kits and the quality of fabric? I've purchased from JoAnn's using the coupons, and purchased from the local quilt shop....quality is different. Just wondering how the online sites compare to the stores.

cathyvv 02-16-2014 07:14 PM

I love Connecting Threads fabrics and have had no problems with them at all. Go for it!

tesspug 02-16-2014 07:15 PM

I buy from them all the time. Just placed a $100, for batiks to make my DD's wedding quilt. I like their fabric, IMHO it has a very nice feel. I use their thread as well. Some people think it is linty, but I haven't noticed it's any worse than others I've used.

GrammieJan 02-16-2014 07:18 PM

I have bought numerous fabrics from Connecting Threads too. Always have been pleased with their quality.

SandyinZ4 02-16-2014 07:20 PM

I love CT products. Their kits are always generous and you never have to skimp on cutting out the pieces. I love their variety and they have awesome sales. Shipping is always free if you order over $50 and that is usually not hard. I use their thread all the time, too. I am very pleased with them.

JanineH 02-16-2014 08:11 PM

I have ordered from several times. The fabric has a nice feel, the kit had plenty of fabric and I also got charm packs which measure 5 inches. They always have free shipping on a $50.00 order. I will be ordering from them again.

schoolteacher 02-16-2014 09:31 PM

Great customer service and good quality fabric.

hopetoquilt 02-17-2014 03:48 AM

I would say that the quality of fabric is nice but not as high quality as the "higher end" more expensive fabrics are. Maybe a step above Joanne's quality or about the same. Sometimes though, the quality at a LQS is lower and the Kona fabrics at Joanne's are higher quality than some of their other fabrics.

They are generous with the quantities of fabrics in quilts.

YC Quilter 02-17-2014 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 6579858)
I would say that the quality of fabric is nice but not as high quality as the "higher end" more expensive fabrics are. Maybe a step above Joanne's quality or about the same. Sometimes though, the quality at a LQS is lower and the Kona fabrics at Joanne's are higher quality than some of their other fabrics.

They are generous with the quantities of fabrics in quilts.

I agree. Their prices and sales are great, but I find the quality of the fabric is not as fine as what my LQS offers. It seems to have a courser weave and ravels more easily. That said, I'm finishing a project now with fabric I ordered from CT and I'm pleased with how it's going, so I will have to try more of their fabric.
PS, I washed and starched all the fabric before cutting it, just to be sure

TexasSunshine 02-17-2014 05:23 AM

I have ordered many times from CT and have been pleased. I buy large cones of thread for my LA and also use it to piece and sew.