Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Should I tell Him? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/should-i-tell-him-t27928.html)

barnbum 10-30-2009 06:18 PM

Oh gosh--this is a riot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My husband won't even step into my sewing room--he says he's scared to. He vacuums--but knows he'd get in big trouble if all those strips hanging from wooden ladders got sucked away. :lol:

Deecee 10-30-2009 06:36 PM

A definite "A" for effort. I'd let him off the hook - after a little while.

Yarn or Fabric 10-31-2009 03:50 AM

My husband would never touch my sewing machine I'm sure of that. He just wouldn't.
I know I would tell him that I'd have to look at it when I got home - and what was so important that it couldn't have waited for a few hours until I got home?... and then I'd have to go to work on it when I got home - just shut the door and start to "work" on it... fix the machine then start to tidy up here or there so it makes it look like I was working on it longer than usual - and then work until it is almost time for dinner and say gee hon, sorry about dinner - you better either make something or go get something.....

tarbender30 10-31-2009 05:50 AM

I thik you should do what ever your heart tells you to do.
Honesty is always the best. No matter what it is.
Good Luck
Bev

beachlady 10-31-2009 05:54 AM

Mine would not touch my machine - he would not know where to start with it. He also is no good in the kitchen, but boy can he dust, vacuum and wash wndows, so I'll keep him.

At least your hubby called to tell you what he did - think I would have waited until I could tell in person.

mjsylvstr 10-31-2009 07:00 AM

As I read this thread, my hubby is taking apart my machine. I went to replace the needle , got the new needle, and for the life of me, when I went to take the old one out..couldn't find the dull one. It was nowhere in sight...
and still isn't..

Do you think maybe my hubby was at my machine before asking him to check it out ?????

No way.he is great at oiling, checking and cleaning it for me.but like cooking, is not at all into the sewing end.

He found nothing but the machine did get a good lint cleaning

Good luck, perhaps that embroidery machine is in the stars !!!!!!!

MaryJane

Deb watkins 10-31-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by julia58
Where oh where is Eddie, and Henry? Would like to hear what they have to say on this topic.

I am waiting...........I AM SURE THAT THEY HAVE SOME THOUGHTS ON THIS. Seriously, I am impressed at their abilities. I did 'look' the machine over, and there was a little fixing that I DID have to do, nothing major. I just asked him not to attempt using my machine again, and he did admit that he didn't know what he was doing.

trupeach 10-31-2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Where oh where is Eddie, and Henry? Would like to hear what they have to say on this topic.

I am waiting...........I AM SURE THAT THEY HAVE SOME THOUGHTS ON THIS. Seriously, I am impressed at their abilities. I did 'look' the machine over, and there was a little fixing that I DID have to do, nothing major. I just asked him not to attempt using my machine again, and he did admit that he didn't know what he was doing.

A man that admitted he didn't know what he was doing, this should go in the record books or some sort of man hall of fame.

trupeach 10-31-2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

A man that admitted he didn't know what he was doing, this should go in the record books or some sort of man hall of fame.

rosalia856 10-31-2009 09:13 AM

Be truthful and the reward might be a new machine. Or if you don't need a new machine, how about money to go to a quilt shop? Let us know what you decide.