Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show your Christmas quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-your-christmas-quilts-t233363.html)

QuiltE 10-28-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by conniemaried (Post 6373672)
Here's the quilt I made for my mother last year.

That's lovely ... is the centre a panel? or some intricate applique work.
I really like the rich colours.

G'ma Kay 10-28-2013 01:11 PM

Thank you all for posting! Now I'm motivated!

redbreast 10-28-2013 01:51 PM

I have to say that I have never seen so many beautiful Christmas quilts! I just had a ball looking at all of them. You gals are terrific. It never occurred to me to put that much work in a quilt that I could only use one time of the year. But I a convinced. Guess I will have to start now if I want to finish on by next Christmas. Especially one as involved as you all have done. Cheers!!!Betsy

ann clare 10-28-2013 02:04 PM

WOW So many beautiful Christmas quilts. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltE 10-28-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by redbreast (Post 6373800)
I have to say that I have never seen so many beautiful Christmas quilts! I just had a ball looking at all of them. You gals are terrific. It never occurred to me to put that much work in a quilt that I could only use one time of the year. But I a convinced. Guess I will have to start now if I want to finish on by next Christmas. Especially one as involved as you all have done. Cheers!!!Betsy

Yes, one time of the year ... but that's several weeks, so why not have something special each year to bring out with the rest of your holiday decorations?

Jo M 10-28-2013 03:11 PM

Oh what fun it is to scroll through such a great variety of Christmas quilts. Jingle bells, jingle bells...

Prism99 10-28-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6373709)
That's lovely ... is the centre a panel? or some intricate applique work.
I really like the rich colours.

I know that it's a panel because I have one in my stash! Bought it last year.

cpcarolyn 10-28-2013 03:37 PM

Great quilts. Love them all.

Fab-ra-holic 10-28-2013 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I try to add as many special faimily members as I can, parents, grandparents, siblings. Sometimes, as in the tree skirt photo I attached, I will photo shop pictures to be one. In this example, this is my son and his wife around the same age so I photo shopped the 2 pictures to put on their personalized tree skirt.

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6373326)
How unique to combine Christmas with the memory photos ... what a special quilt to bring out at Christmas time each year.

Do you do these as a summary of what happened during the year?
Or does each tell the life story of an individual or couple?
Or perhaps, are they a just Christmas photos?

You have me intrigued!

ging10ging 10-28-2013 03:41 PM

All so cute love the snow people. I have that quilt just getting ready to start. I need to start getting busy. thanks for sharing. Sue