Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   showing off your pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/showing-off-your-pictures-t106063.html)

featherweight 03-09-2011 05:07 AM

[quote=debbieumphress]

Originally Posted by featherweight
Well excuse me for using the wrong term

Oh featherweight, I was not responding to your post in particular, just the words "Showing off". So sorry if it came across this way. It was meant to be an excited, not showing off, but sharing thing. There are some who won't post because they think this way and I wanted to make sure more would post or continue to. HUGS
:oops: I used to only post in my PDA and now, since we are encourage to post in PIctures, I started doing so.

Hi Debbie. I too like the words "share" compared to showing off. I would not post the pictures that I have if I didn't want to SHARE!! Have a great day and share some more photos. HUGS< Beth :thumbup:

Scrap Happy 03-09-2011 05:16 AM

I just started a quilting journal in word. I haven't printed it out yet but folks here are reminding me that I should - thank you! Also for anyone doing this in a word doc remember to back it up, especially if you aren't going to print it out. I include pics, dates of started project with details (like I finished first block today and pic), who the quilt is for and all kinds of details. It may not be of much interest to others but I think it's pretty cool and wish I had started waaaay sooner.

thequiltmama 03-09-2011 05:24 AM

I love that idea....I may just have to start doing that. thanks :)

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
I just started a quilting journal in word. I haven't printed it out yet but folks here are reminding me that I should - thank you! Also for anyone doing this in a word doc remember to back it up, especially if you aren't going to print it out. I include pics, dates of started project with details (like I finished first block today and pic), who the quilt is for and all kinds of details. It may not be of much interest to others but I think it's pretty cool and wish I had started waaaay sooner.

Late Bloomer 03-09-2011 05:37 AM

I save mine in a journal, plus the pictures I take of them on my digital camera I feed into my laptop so that I also have a file folder on them amongst other family pictures. Nice to have two records of all quilts.

cherrio 03-09-2011 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Well excuse me for using the wrong term!!

deep breath. relax

bevster 03-09-2011 05:57 AM

I use Shutterfly, it's free and you can set up your own website.

scrappylouisa 03-09-2011 06:34 AM

I share my photos of my quilts and other craft projects with my family and friends on Facebook! I'm a scrapbooker and have a album for my quilt layouts. I also have a small brag book that I carry with me that has photos of my quilts and other craft projects to show family and friends.

lisalovesquilting 03-09-2011 06:37 AM

[quote=np3]There are two ways to think of showing off. I think this was meant in the nicest way.

Me too.

Chrys 03-09-2011 06:38 AM

some here, some on facebook...but mostly on my blog.

Butterflyblue 03-09-2011 06:40 AM

Same thing happened with my flickr acount! Grrr. And sewing pics was basically all I used it for.

I used to have a blog where I posted all my projects, but now it is just here and showing people in real life. I need to have somewhere on the internet to show my work, because my DH has only limited appreciation for quilts. I do take lots of stuff to show his mom, she quilts too.