Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Signature Wedding Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/signature-wedding-quilt-t300323.html)

Feathers-N-Fur 10-24-2018 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602964[/ATTACH]
This is the one I did for my SIL. It is Summer in the park from Missouri Star Quilt Co. we invited people to write a message, or simply sign a block. I backed the blocks with freezer paper then used blue tape to mark off my seam allowances. She loves it.

Still Sew N 10-24-2018 03:13 PM

That really is so attractive, just fun to look at. Thanks for photo - these photos of everyone's quilts are really, really appreciated. Great quilt and I really like it. Good idea. Thanks again!

Still Sew N 10-24-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman (Post 8147341)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602902[/ATTACH]Here is the signature quilt we did for the grandsons wedding, lots of room to sign and pretty at the same time. Easy to construct

I do like this one. Quite a bit. Lots of places to sign and lots of white areas. That is a great idea. Thank you

Friday1961 10-28-2018 06:06 PM

That is so cool! What a great idea, and a wonderful keepsake....as well as being practical! You are a thoughtful and loving aunt to have managed this and turn them all into a beautiful quilt!

MsHeirloom 10-28-2018 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this one for my niece's wedding in June. It went together fairly quickly. The colored squares were charm squares. She loved it and the guests were very cooperative in signing it. It provided lots of room for signatures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603168[/ATTACH]

Still Sew N 10-29-2018 10:39 AM

Oh that's pretty too! You are right - lots of places to sign and I love the scrappy look. I bet she loves it. Great idea. Thanks for posting photo.

frannella 10-29-2018 12:09 PM

Just be careful what pen-inks you use.

For my youngest son's wedding, I cut out 300 fusible-interfaced batik hearts for guests to sign. I also provided an assortment of markers-- extra extra fine point industrial permanent Sharpie, Frixion,and Gelly Roll pens. The intention was to applique the hearts onto a border on the back of the quilt (a batik Double Wedding Rings). I kept the signed hearts in a bowl on my cutting table and one day I knocked a glass of water over, the autographed hearts got wet, and the ink on the hearts signed with Sharpie markers ran creating a big black blurry mess over all my hearts. I was devastated. One of these days I will return to this quilt and finish it and I am thinking I may just make some more batik autograph hearts and embroider the names of the attendees on them or abandon the idea altogether and just finish the quilt. Either way, I was shocked the Sharpie ink ran. Who knew?

Darcyshannon 10-30-2018 12:47 AM

I think practice paper with the right size, a template overlay and explaining it will get lost in allowance is good, also definitely reinforce the fabric with freezer paper to make it easier to write.