Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly question... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-question-t43119.html)

tlrnhi 04-18-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by DeneK
I have noticed that when I am ready to cut up the last of a fabric I really like, I am reluctant to do it. It's like when I cut it, I've lost a special fabric even tho I know I am going to use it in something else I will like.

Does anyone else get so attached to a special fabric that you don't want to cut it up and use it? Or am I just the silly one?

Dene

Why do you think I have so much fabric?
I find something I love, then can't bear to cut it, so it just sits

marsye 04-18-2010 06:03 PM

LOL!! You have it bad! :lol:

Charlee 04-18-2010 06:05 PM

I have a few pieces of fabric, not suitable for quilting, that were in my mother's things...I haven't cut them yet because they're clothing fabrics and I want to make sure that they'll be something I can wear! I'm not quite done losing weight yet..

MegsAnn 04-18-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
Nope! Just the opposite, in fact. For fabrics I really like, it makes me happy when I find the perfect quilt projects for them. (I buy fabric I like, add it to my stash, and wait for inspiration!)

Me too.

Autumn Quilts 04-19-2010 03:30 AM

I have that problem to the point I may not start the quilt becuase I like the fabric so much I don't want to cut it. I my sister laughs at me but I'm serious it can be a problem.

Mamagus 04-19-2010 03:38 AM

I thought I was the strange one!

Last week I gave away a piece of fabric, quite unremarkable in any way other than the fact it was orange flowers and had come from my Mom's stash when she passed away. At the time it was just a normal thing to do! I gave it to a good friend to make a table runner for her M-I-L and I know it was appreciated by her and will be by the m-i-l too, BUT it has niggled at me ever since... not fretting but just a few random thoughts about Mom and the fabric.

I hope she likes it!

lakequilter 04-19-2010 05:52 AM

I too have that problem. I have some fabric I haven't cut yet because I want just the right pattern that will let the beauty of the colors and the pattern show.

DeneK 04-19-2010 06:10 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one... Yesterday I was working on a scrappy quilt and needed more fabric in the "blues" family. I found a piece slightly smaller than a FQ but it was all I had left of one I really, really liked. I almost couldn't cut strips 'cause then it would be gone.

gollytwo 04-19-2010 07:06 AM

I have several 14" Japanese fabrics that I cannot bear to cut.
I pin them up on my wall or design wall, alternating from time to time, thus getting to enjoy looking at them without having to sew into a quilt.

Marjpf 04-19-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I have one of my totes full of fabric I love and can't bear to cute. I just visit it now and then. :-D

What a great idea - I am going to have to move some of mine.