Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly ? - What to wear to Houston Quilt Festival? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-what-wear-houston-quilt-festival-t163794.html)

txstitcher 10-27-2011 06:53 PM

Shorts? Tennis shoes? Take a purse? Take a large tote bag? Help! :)

Thanks!

Susie Quilter 10-27-2011 06:55 PM

I would say to wear comfortable shoes and dress the way you want. No need to dress up....just be comfortable and most of all.........have fun.

QuiltingGrannie 10-27-2011 06:56 PM

Comfortable shoes.
Tote or purse to hold just the necessities and what you may/will purchase.
I've worn long jeans to all the shows I've been to. But I don't wear shorts very often even in the middle of summer.

CAMERA - not to wear, but make sure to take one.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie

erstan947 10-27-2011 06:56 PM

I'm wearing jeans and a comfy shirt. My walking shoes and some kind of tote/handbag. I'm not planning to buy much (ha!) Famous last words:)

Sheila_H 10-27-2011 06:57 PM

Definitely comfy shoes and clothes I went to the one in Vermont during the summer in a pair of shorts and my comfortable walking shoes.

Saw where they have scooter rentals at the Houston show, after I saw the layout I understand why! I'd need a full week, 2 days to do classes and 3 or more for seeing everything! Have fun.

Gramof6 10-27-2011 07:00 PM

I have been 3 diff. years but not going this year. I always wear something cool as the bldg gets rather warm by mid morning or by noon. I wear the most comfy shoes I have and I also have a pr to chg into if my feet get to hurting. I go to the Hotel and dump pkgs so this is a great time to change shoes. Helps with foot & leg pain. I take a huge mesh bag with my drivers license, credit card and dollars. Also some Aleve or something for pain shpuld i need it. Going as light as you can will help tremendously. I bought landscape fabric from Home Depot or Lowes and amd ea mesh bag out of that. Used some nylon webbing for handles. You will have a great time! Just go light.

edited to say that I take 2 days to just shop. If you visit ea booth, it takes a long time. Another day to see all of the exhibits. Then classes? I haven't done those.

Judith1005 10-27-2011 07:01 PM

comfy shoes!!! and a big bag for goodies. :D have a great time!!

leggz48 10-27-2011 07:03 PM

Comfort!.....walking shoes; small tote, camera (but be sure to get permission to take photos); be prepared to spend some money. Have fun!

quiltingcandy 10-27-2011 07:06 PM

Instead of taking a bag, I would consider buying one as a souvenir. That way if you don't need a large bag you won't be carrying around.

The Road to CA quilt show sold them for a very reasonable price so a light weight bag, so it served as a dual purpose. (Also, I had accidentally left my RTC bag home.)

maine ladybug 10-27-2011 07:07 PM

When I went I just wore comfortable clothes and shoes. I used a very small purse, the type that you can place the handle over your neck so both hands are free. And I always carry a very light weight bag that will grow with your packages. And don't forget your camera!!