Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Simple way to view new site - I think !!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simple-way-view-new-site-i-think-t164895.html)

mzzzquilts 11-01-2011 03:05 PM

Simple way to view new site - I think !!!

I am enjoying poking around the new site, and I'm sure in a few days, things will all fall into place....BUT, if you really are struggling, I found something that might help you out. Scroll down to bottom of main page, and click on the word "ARCHIVE". All the forum catagories populate, and you can click on the ones you want to see and it lists the all the posts in that catagory, newest on top. I think this might be as close to what those of us that loved to use the "unread topics" link on the old site? Click each one you care to read, it takes you to the post. On the browser I use, IE, once you read one, the link will change color. Perhaps this will make it easy for you to make sure you're seeing all new posts. If I'm correct on this, this "generic" link might be the way to go for some of you who absolutely don't like all the new bells & whistles. :thumbup:

catrancher 11-01-2011 03:08 PM

I just looked at it. Do you prefer this over "What's New?" at the top of the page? I don't have an opinion about it. I'm just asking. Trying to figure things out just like everybody else.

familyfun 11-01-2011 03:11 PM

Just trying to navigate here.. I am actually posting this to see what my status says.. LOL>.. I want to be SUPER Tooo..

Well I guess I am just Senior

Lady Crafter 11-01-2011 03:28 PM

Yeah .... haven't figured out yet what the status categories are ...

Grandma58 11-01-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter (Post 4614292)
Yeah .... haven't figured out yet what the status categories are ...

I love it - the where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket. Laughing hysterically right now!

Yooper32 11-01-2011 03:47 PM

Senior or Super, just sign me blind.

Originally Posted by familyfun (Post 4614199)
Just trying to navigate here.. I am actually posting this to see what my status says.. LOL>.. I want to be SUPER Tooo..

Well I guess I am just Senior

With this right eye patched, I am sorely displaced tonight. Guess this was not a good day for me to try this new format as I am having a hard time just being today. Hope tomorrow is better when the patch comes off.

maidmirian 11-01-2011 03:47 PM

I am having a hard time with this too.

Lady Crafter 11-01-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma58 (Post 4614399)
I love it - the where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket. Laughing hysterically right now!

LOL .. thanks ... that's what I feel like tonite.

It will get better.......

tellabella 11-01-2011 04:00 PM

Can you change the colour and type of font?

becca1231 11-01-2011 04:32 PM

I just figured out the other board and now I'm lost again. LOL