Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Simply Quilt Programs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simply-quilt-programs-t81217.html)

judi wess 12-09-2010 05:21 AM

When I set up my household, I justified the extra expense of a cable upgrade because of the hgtv channel sewing/quilting/knitting shows. Carol Duvall had so many really good craft people on her show, I wouldn't think of any other channel for the first half of the day.
I don't even stop on hgtv any more. Really, when I started to hear, "this is going to be a difficult project, the couple only has 75 grand for the makeover,one room", I knew the channel had nothing for me, a waste of my time.
I have direct tv hd, is there a sewing/needlework/ quilt show on? I would really love to see a show. Someone help please....

mltquilt 12-09-2010 06:03 AM

Direct TV carries Fons & Porter on the BYU channel.

Tennessee Suzi 12-09-2010 06:24 AM

Also sewing with Nancy and Martha Pullen are on Sunday. I think 3:00. I am in Central Time Zone.

Tennessee Suzi 12-09-2010 06:25 AM

This is on Educational TV. Channel 15 in my area.

Lori S 12-09-2010 06:31 AM

I too miss Simply Quilts. It was how I started every day ( it came on in the AM). Plus they would rerun an older episode in the afternoon. ( I planned my lunch break just to catch it). There really has not been a high quality show to replace it.
I loved the guests and the topics. Great inspiration.
It used to be that I would check the programming for HGTV first to make sure I did not miss anything good , now I can not tell the last time I watched anything on HGTV. I am not a fan of all the home "stuff" that now is on HGTV. A little of that "stuff" goes a long way.

Tennessee Suzi 12-09-2010 06:36 AM

Amen

Lynette-Merlin 12-09-2010 09:52 AM

Have you tried the Quilt Show.com? You have to pay to belong but the charge is not enormous and Alex Anderson is on this show with Ricky Timms. Just a thought.

quilterguy27 12-09-2010 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
I very seldom watch HGTV anymore. Not interested in the type of programs they have now.

I gave up watching HGTV as well. It's just not what it used to be. Lucky for me I planned ahead. I recorded on to VHS all the episodes I wanted to keep and refer back to often. I've done this with all the quilting shows: Simply Quilts, Sewing With Nancy, America Quilts Creatively, Quilt in a Day, etc. If they had a show on that I was interested in the quilt or technique I recorded it. I love re-watching them and referring to them any time I want to try something new.

Dodee 12-09-2010 03:18 PM

We get Sewing with Nancy and the Martha Pullen show on Saturday AM every once in awhile. It isn't every week tho'. It's on NPT.
I understand Fons and Porter comes on, too, every once in awhile.
I have to constantly check the TV Guide if I want to watch them tho'. It's ridiculous. They should be on the same time everytime.
Dodee

Dodee 12-09-2010 03:19 PM

I did watch Alex Anderson, but didn't care for her - that fake laugh got to me.